All about lightscribe technology, drives and discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Please share your views and kknowledge abt lightscribe techonolgy and drives, discs which are supported by it...

Lightscribe burner is used to print label directely on a cd or dvd...

Can we print label on a simple cd like writex or moserbaer samsung with lightscribe supporting burner or writer?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
and ya, I haven't seen one so far and my Lightscribe Liteon DVD writer has not lightscribed even once in the last twelve months:(

assasin

Banned
its no use spending xtra money in buying a Lightscribe writer cuz Lightscribe media is not easily available and price is high too.

Projjwal

free world from money
LightScribe is a registered trademark of the Hewlett-Packard Development Company.LightScribe is a direct disc labeling technology that burns text and graphics onto the surface of a CD or DVD using the disc drive's laser and a specially coated LightScribe disc. (It's a safe, nontoxic chemical reaction of the LightScribe disc being "etched" by the laser.) A LightScribe disc drive burns data and creates labels using the same device.

To know everything about it just visit,

*h30240.www3.hp.com/briefs/viewBrief.jsp?lessonId=9534&webPageId=1000012&courseId=6844&pageIndex=0
*h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/316789-0-0-225-121.html

shashank4u

Youngling
i ve never seen and used lightscribe media, even my whole friend circle have not seen the lightscribe media till now..its of no or little use IMO
@arunks
Those just wont be compatible with lighscribing

assasin

Banned
i've seen lightscribe CD-Rs.my cousin got them bundled when he bought his HP Pavilion pc.
the cds look like normal cds with nothing written on the non recording side.this side has a layer which has a slight yellowish tinge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom