All About IPhone 4S Siri- Is it copied from Android?

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Found this nice article and thought of sharing.
*blogs-images.forbes.com/stephenwunker/files/2011/10/Apple-Siri1.jpg
Apple announced speech recognition for the next iPhone. Big deal. Android’s had it for more than a year. Apple is just playing “catch-up” and the feature’s not really earth-shattering anyway. Right?

Wrong. Everything in that opening paragraph is wrong, except the sentence that reads “big deal.” Siri is a very big deal, the biggest of deals.

In fact, Siri is the most important thing to happen to mobile in this decade so far.

Siri naysayers fall into two camps: 1) those who say it’s no big deal; and 2) those who say Android has had it since August. Both classes of naysayers are wrong.

Siri is a Very Big Deal

As I detailed in this Cult of Mac post, Siri traces its lineage directly back to the largest artificial intelligence project in history, the Pentagon’s CALO project. CALO stands for “Cognitive Assistant that Learns and Organizes,” and the project involved over 300 of the world’s top researchers in various aspects of A.I.

The entire Pentagon project was headed by Adam Cheyer, who is now director of engineering for Apple’s iPhone group.

Continue reading here: What’s So Great About Siri? | Random Smart Stuffs

I am impressed ;)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
sort of a gimmick. It won't understand the Indian accent anyways.

Who

Guess Who's Back
sort of a gimmick. It won't understand the Indian accent anyways.

I beg to differ here , Siri uses semantic technology and following what is wrote in article it might be big step forward , i think Siri will mature in 2-3 years then it will be force to reckon with , but i am surprised Apple buying it soon and already putting it as a beta app , i think they also believe in its potential which is a good thing , as semantic technology (web,desktop etc) will be the future.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I won't be surprised if Siri brings this techology to mainstream. Apple have done this before, released some "bleh" technology which wasn't "new" by any means, but as time went the impact turned out to be second to none.

kiranm516

Revolutionary
Siri combines (voice recognition + voice commands) backed up by A.I, this is the best A.I implementation.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Totally agree with WHO. if this is a hit(which I think will be)then couple of yrs from now looks like most mobile and computers will use the same. Did you saw the watch example. Wondering what more can come up. If this works fine navigation on car would be great without even touching the screen. Actually possibitliy are limitless.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I wont say copied but I would rather say it just caught up with Android. But iOS has something special about it which can be felt.

Top Bottom