Alert! Symbian virus. (COMM WARRIOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spykids_666

hi,

The (COMM WARRIOR) Virus for Symbian phones is spreading rapidly. i got a Comm Warrior Virus yesterday from a friend.

Effects :

the virus comes through a bluetooth connection or a MMS.

YOU have to install the virus once ( that u will do it because it comes from your friends and known persons).

After that even if you uninstall it, it will reinstall itself WITHOUT ur permission.

your mobile will show the bluetooth connection is OFF, But it is ON and the virus keeps searching for other mobiles bluetooth is on. and then sends itself to that mobile.

it will also keep sending itsself through MMS to the numbers in your contacts (Works only if MMS facility is available).

once ur cell is affected by the virus. you will not be able to connect to any other cell through the bluetooth because the virus is already running it and 2 connection is not possible through buletooth.

Unsitalling it again will not work.

REMOVAL.

install FEXPLORER or any such program which will allow u to view the files in ur phone memory.

then go to c:\system\apps and delete comm warrior (if present) folder.
then go to c:\system\recogs and delete all the files there.
then go to c:\system\updates and also delete all the files ther.

the VIRUS is removed.

ENJOY.

GUYS IN GUJARAT BE CAREFULL WHAT U INSTALL. THIS VIRUS IS SPREADING RAPIDLY HERE.

THANKS.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Oh that explains a lot...
Coz last sunday when i was in R-Mall (Mulund,Mumbai), I had my Blutooth headset on..(So BT in the phone was on, and i had set it to 'discoverable' mode). I had received like 15 requests to connect to my phone!
Anyways.. good thing about my phone is that its not Series 60, its a UIQ (SE P910i).. so i dont think it can infect my phone.. hehe...

PraKs

Youngling
Ahaa Gujubhai,, Kem chhe..

My 2 friends cell got infected,, I have removed it :)

I have got the virus removal patch so install using IR,Cable or bluetooth.. & remove it.

This guys cell started sending MMS & SMS to all nos in his phone book & even land line nos.. LOL,.. & He got charged from Airtel for sending 30 SMS & MMS in 20 mints.. so all Bluetooth guys get ready to rock :) ur pockets..

hack expert

In the zone
install FEXPLORER or any such program which will allow u to view the files in ur phone memory.

then go to c:\system\apps and delete comm warrior (if present) folder.
then go to c:\system\recogs and delete all the files there.
then go to c:\system\updates and also delete all the files ther.

Press and hold the Menu button. Select the Commwarrior application and press the 'C' button to close it.

Open FExplorer and go to C:

Go to System/Apps. Delete the folder named 'commwarrior'.
Go to System/Recogs. Delete the file named 'commrec.mdl'.
Go to System/Updates. Delete the files named 'comwarrior.exe', 'commrec.mdl', 'commw.sis'.

Do the same in E:

Now go to the Application Manager and remove Commwarrior.

spy kid mentioned to remove all the file i`d like to elaborate speciffically
the file mentioned above

OP
S

spykids_666

hack expert said:
Press and hold the Menu button. Select the Commwarrior application and press the 'C' button to close it.

Open FExplorer and go to C:

Go to System/Apps. Delete the folder named 'commwarrior'.
Go to System/Recogs. Delete the file named 'commrec.mdl'.
Go to System/Updates. Delete the files named 'comwarrior.exe', 'commrec.mdl', 'commw.sis'.

Do the same in E:

Now go to the Application Manager and remove Commwarrior.

spy kid mentioned to remove all the file i`d like to elaborate speciffically
the file mentioned above

thanks for the specification. i had not thaught about that.
Thanks again

spykid666

ankur123

Right off the assembly line
how can I download fexplorer to remove Comm Warrior?

How can I remove Comm Warrior from my phone ?
NOKIA 6600
How can I download fexplorer?

Ankur

anandk

Distinguished Member
ankur123 said:
How can I remove Comm Warrior from my phone ?
NOKIA 6600
How can I download fexplorer?
Ankur

check out *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28668

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom