Alcohol Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
Whenever i create
mds file from a source DVD disc it is created for Approx 4.27 GB even if the DVD contains only 150 MB of data . WHY.

I never used Alcohol in mine life but i tried and mounted the image successfully but why did the file comes to 4.27 GB Approx .

Please do tell what to do as i want 15 Dvds to dump and many DVDS has only less then 1 GB of data. So do i need to have More than 4 GB of space for each DVD .

Also can i use Alcohol on External hard disk that is USB plug and play.

Last edited:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Why are you then creating mds images? Try creating ISO images. Then check the size. Also try this

Select Datatype as Normal DVD. Also uncheck Read Sub Channel Data from current disc. And try checking Fast Skip Error blocks and Skip Reading Erros.

And then check what size mdf gets created. MDF images are a bit larger than normal though. You can try ISO or any other image format.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
I dont know about creating image , i want to use alcohol to put DVD on hard disk, ISO image , so can i mount ISO image also from hard disk.

Yes i will try the above solution and tell tommorow about it.

also what should i use Image making wizard or
Copy wizard , what is the difference between the two.

Also can i use Alcohol on External hard disk that is connected by USB Cable.

Last edited:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
You should use Image Making Wizard. Copy Wizard is best for copying CDs to CDs or DVDs to DVDs.

What do you mean by using on external disk? Please elaborate.

OP
A

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
ax3 said:
yes u can use ur external hdd .............

How to install virtual drive on External hdd, i cant find that option.

navjotjsingh said:
You should use Image Making Wizard. Copy Wizard is best for copying CDs to CDs or DVDs to DVDs.

What do you mean by using on external disk? Please elaborate.

I have 2.5 Hard disk connected via USB . I want to use external hard disk for virtual drive.

navjotjsingh said:
Why are you then creating mds images? Try creating ISO images. Then check the size. Also try this

Select Datatype as Normal DVD. Also uncheck Read Sub Channel Data from current disc. And try checking Fast Skip Error blocks and Skip Reading Erros.

And then check what size mdf gets created. MDF images are a bit larger than normal though. You can try ISO or any other image format.

There is no option for Select Datatype as Normal DVD
There is option for Select Datatype as Normal CD

also some DVD i can create 2 gb mds file but some DVDs i have only 1.30 GB and the file coming to 4.28 GB , Why

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom