alcohol 120% or virtual cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well Alcohol copies even the security mostly and supports MDS and other things more than VCD.
I like Alcohol, but Vcd is good enough and sometimes better if u r not a gamer.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well even Alcohol 120% offers the same 200x speed.

Alternatively u cud use Virtual Cd and a combo of Daemon TOOLS (the best in emulation).

See this for some arguments :
*www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t52045.html

rajas700

Youngling
Alcohol 120% is good one.It has fast skip error facility.so it even copy the disc faster with error.(As like source cd)were as vritual cd causes delay and some time fails.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys is alcohol 120% available on digits anniversary issue 2005? i really want it cuz i dunno where to download it from that is for free.

rajas700

Youngling
It is a demo

chwamiki said:
hey guys is alcohol 120% available on digits anniversary issue 2005? i really want it cuz i dunno where to download it from that is for free.

It a demo version.After u install it u have to give the registration code

then only it works.It is not a free version. u have to get it. It cost

around 30$ i think.And no were u find full version.

zerohourkill

Broken In
alcohol 120% is the best!!! it bypasses most of the security, and makes iso and mds images much faster, then other programs...oh yea and free version works same way, its just that u have to wait 8 seconds more to load it...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes but nero supports only a few formats, iso, nrg etc...
it doesnt support compression like mini images and all.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Alcohol 120% is good mate
why is it ur favourtie ..please post your opinion in expanded way

Alcohol 120% is good one.It has fast skip error facility.so it even copy the disc faster with error.(As like source cd)were as vritual cd causes delay and some time fails.

VCD has also fast skip error facility
and for your ifo VCD only fails when the cd is unreadable by the physical drive

How about Nero's image drive????
well thats a simple emulator and not as much advanced as VCD and Alcohol

Both VCD and Alcohol are trial
but daemon tools are free

www.virtualcd-online.com
www.alcohol-soft.com
*www.daemon-tools.cc/

I prefer alcohol. It can even make copies of copy protected cd.

VCD also does this and VCD 7 works best

I think Nero's ImageDrive is the best. works like an angel on wheels....
its very basic and ite emulation is not so fast

and some features i like of VCD
In case you are already familiar with an earlier version of Virtual CD, the following list will fill you in on the new features available in version 7:

· With the Virtual CD sidebar, you can see at a glance which virtual CDs are currently in which virtual CD drives, without having to open the Windows Explorer or any other program. The VCD sidebar also gives you direct access to the main Virtual CD programs.

· The Catalog Search function has been revised and improved, and lets you access the data structure of virtual and physical CDs without inserting them.

· You can create ISO images using the Image Wizard.

· Improved data-reading capabilities make it even easier to make CDs with special formats.

· Revised analysis functions for optimized automatic creation of virtual CDs in Easy Copy Mode.

· Optimized data readout processes: with many types of CD drive, the process for creating virtual CDs is much faster than before.

· Complete support for all types of ISO-compatible images, for trouble-free exchange and use of images from any source (e.g., from the Internet).

· Define and save "Views" in CD Management to sort virtual CDs in the display according to your criteria.

· The new Virtual CD "Burner" program makes it faster and easier than ever to create exact, 1:1 copies of virtual and physical CDs. In combination Smart Virtual CD, you can now back up data that is stored on almost any medium.

· The Eraser Wizard makes it possible to delete all data, or just the table of contents, from re-writable (RW) media before you write new data on it.

· The CD Search program has been expanded so you can use it in direct combination with the main VCD functions (Copy, Create script, Burn, etc.) without having to add the images to CD Management beforehand.

· Customizable labels and icons for virtual CD drives.

· Added controls for customizing the integration of Virtual CD commands into your Windows Explorer.

· Quick Copy Editor for viewing and modifying the data stored in Quick Copy files, for even more efficient use of the Quick Copy features.

· Image Converter for converting ISO images into virtual CDs – and vice versa!

· Cataloging functions for audio CD.

· The labels and functions of Smart Virtual CDs can now be defined in the Smart Virtual CD Burner program.

Copyright© 2000-2005 by H+H Software GmbH

and the most thing i like is that it compresses the cd image to save disk space

Phew..very long post

Dipen01

Youngling
My fav is Virtual CD. its the best though i have used Alcohol but i like Virtual CD . (Never tried Daemon Tools)

expertno.1

Technomancer
Daemon tools is only emulation software

it cannot create images

it can only emulate the images of the disk

so if we have virtual cd which does both (creation adn emulation of images) then why to go for daemon tools?

thanks
regards..
Expertno.1

ishaan

Padawan
i think alcohol 120 is better ive tried VCD with a few scratched cds of mine and it didnt work but alcohol worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom