Alan Wake for PC

revolt

Banned
i dont understand why so late release for pc.It has been noticed even after that the pc versions are badly screwed.

But still ms is atleast good that they release for windows too.I wont blame sony either as they too have to keep their business running.They only have one console whereas ms has territories on both pc and consoles.

OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
Alan Wake hitting Steam in February, PC specs listed

Alan Wake hitting Steam in February, PC specs listed

Remedy has taken to its official forums to announce a February release window for Alan Wake on Steam, as well as list the preliminary system requirements needed in order to run the game.

The self-published game in partnership with Nitro Games will not support Games for Windows Live or Mac, and there are no plans to release modding tools or a demo for the game. It will, however, support Steam Cloud, will use Steamworks and contain Steam Achievements.

Both The Signal and The Writer DLCs will be available on Steam and are included in all copies of the game.

According to the official post from Remedy, optimization and graphics scalability are still being finalized, so some of the PC requirements listed below “may change.” Still, players will be able to adjust resolution, and change graphics settings, as well as run in full screen or windowed mode. Players will also have the option to turn off the game’s HUD.

It also supports NVISION 3D “very nicely,” according to the post, but as it is “fairly performance heavy,” a high-end GPU such as the GeForce 580GTX and moderate graphics settings are recommended. The AMD HD3D has not been testes as of yet, but Remedy plans to test it out or get confirmation from a third-party as to whether it works or not.

Here’s the list of requirements at present:

• PROCESSOR: Dual core required: AMD: Athlon X2 2.8GHz; Intel: Core 2 Duo 2GHz
  • MEMORY: 2 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: DirectX 10 compatible or later with 512MB RAM - AMD: ATI Radeon 3650, 4450, 5550, 6450 or higher (per series); NVIDIA: GeForce 8600GT, 9500GT, GT120, GT430, GT520 (per series)
  • SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • INPUT: Mouse and keyboard, Xbox360 controller also supported

Remedy said its goal is for the game to be able to run on Windows XP SP2, but at present, there are still “a few minor but technically challenging” issues its need to solve in order for it to work properly. Official support will be announced after testing has finished, but for now, it was at least run on Vista and Window 7.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Me too waiting for this one. Had been following this since the developers first announced this game.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
after 2 years of waiting you are getting it on Windows - better be late than never ;-)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I played this game on my friend's 360 for a while. And it felt quite different from all other games. Then again I played it just for an hour or something. I might be wrong.

OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
Yup..Thats why I am saying that hold your horses people. We have all been playing FPSs for quite a while now. This game might just give us that something-different sort of feel.

Alok

Adventurer
Will take advantage of 4 cores.
Alan Wake PC promises to take advantage of quad-cores, comes with Havok physics | DSOGaming | The Dark Side Of Gaming

gameranand

Living to Play
Good thing that atleast its coming to pc at all. I had lost all the hopes at all. Its really is a kinda different game.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
After I saw it was not released for pc back in 2010 I had played Alone in the Dark to get some taste of games like this but though the game was good the controls were awful - so this time I will get this game for sure - I've waited a long time ( like many others for this game ) and I liked the game when I saw the trailer for the first time back in 2007 - love in first sight ;-)

OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
Alan Wake PC launching on February 16, gets priced

Remedy’s just announced it’ll bring Alan Wake to PC on February 16.

The standard edition of the game, which will also include XBL DLC The Signal and The Writer, will cost $29.99 on Steam, with the Collector’s Edition costing $34.99.

A boxed version is on its way from Nordic Games, as previously announced. As well as Steam, the title will also be on EA’s Origin, which was announced this afternoon.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ varunb - thanks for the release date info - I will only get if it can be controlled using a KB+Mouse but if the reviews are awesome ( of the pc version ) then I might get a 360 controller anyway ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
Specifics about the Limited Collectors Edition are still being worked out and will be announced closer to release. The game will be around 7.5GB

Ok thanks for the info mate. :)

@ varunb - thanks for the release date info - I will only get if it can be controlled using a KB+Mouse but if the reviews are awesome ( of the pc version ) then I might get a 360 controller anyway ;-)

It will support KB+Mouse but it will also support xbox controller. So don't worry about that. :)

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
It's a one time trip not much of replay value. But will check it out once more just to enjoy better graphic quality. Sad pc gaming, most costly and most ignored.-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok thanks for the info mate. :)

It will support KB+Mouse but it will also support xbox controller. So don't worry about that. :)

Yup all the 3 inputs are supported.

I think I've not put it up clearly - by KB+Mouse support I meant to say this game should be perfectly playable using KB+mouse ( not like Alone In The Dark ) - but if reviewers ( and forum members ) say that the PC version is really good I won't mind buying a 360 controller for this game - I've waited ( like many others ) a long time for this game and liked this game by seeing the first trailer only ;-) - anyway, thanks for your replies guys.

Top Bottom