Airtel shady billing

Status
Not open for further replies.

snubbed

Broken In
I got this month's Airtel broadband bill & going through i was surprised to see that they've billed me for Airtel's PC Secure Rs. 120. I've never subscribed to it. It made me call the customer care & register a complaint there.
It seems that Airtel is also going the Reliance way for shady billing. Seems like BSNL is the only clean & fair Telecom company now.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Well, if you read the fine-print clearly, they may have mentioned that they may charge for PC secure. Though I am not an airtel customer, I know that many businesses, esp corporates follow this practice of decoy.

When I was used Sify Fraudband, they installed crappy trend micro and also did not allow uninstalling it. I had to argue with their support desk to finally get the registry tweak to uninstall it.

ishanjain

Broken In
Airtel is not so clear with their billing... I have seen many people complaining about too much amounts in their bills. Even i am getting too much bills from the beginning because of that landline. Its now 3 months since i am trying to get the calling details, but as their website is having some problems, i can't predict whether its just me or they are overcharging for my phone bill.

OP
S

snubbed

Broken In
@victor_rambo
PC Secure has never been installed in my PC.

For me Airtel has been the best, even now. Their service is top notch. If i have some complaints they come & fix it the same day itself. Their customer care is better than all other telecoms.
The only problem is their AFUP. For me they havn't started capping, might be bcuz i'm a new customer. But once they start doing it, i'll be moving to BSNL.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
ya for me also airtel did the same but with in my area 8 friends had connected top airtel i told airtel that all r my friends so , again the bill comes like this me & my friends cut urs immediately ,, there after they reclaim the bill and made the correct one

enticer86

Stay Silent!
I got this month's Airtel broadband bill & going through i was surprised to see that they've billed me for Airtel's PC Secure Rs. 120. I've never subscribed to it. It made me call the customer care & register a complaint there.
It seems that Airtel is also going the Reliance way for shady billing. Seems like BSNL is the only clean & fair Telecom company now.

Same here. The solution is to yell at the CC ppl, and tell them u hav very gud antivirus and all, and that you do NOT need their services. U also need to mention that Airtel ppl can not just install anything from their end without your express permission- what if it had been some hacking stuff or something?

Do ask for a waiver in the next bill.

Airtel is acting smart these days to mint money.. The service is great bt no transparency in billing is really weird.

PS- also check the topup stuff in ur bill- i was billed for unknown top-ups that i never asked for or used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom