Airtel set to start operations for 3G services, successfully tested .

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Bharti Airtel said that it has successfully tested 3G applications and is all set to start services as and when the spectrum was allocated.

"We have tested 3G applications at three places - Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore - on a trial indoor spectrum given to us," Bharti Airtel president (Mobility) Sanjay Kapoor said.

The Department of Telecom (DoT) has already announced to allot 3G spectrum through auction and the existing players like Airtel are gearing to start 3G service which enables subscribers much faster downloading facility and also wireless broadband.

Asked whether Bharti Airtel has the technology to offer 3G mobile services, Kapoor said, "We as an operator have 3G services in Seychelles. Our license for Sri Lanka is for 3G services as well and by the time 3G services are launched in India we will have enough experience.

"Moreover, we have SingTel as our partner who has wide experience of offering 3G services," he said adding that for an operator who has 2G operations, 3G is just an incremental service.

On the equipment suppliers, with whom Bharti tested the services, Kapoor declined to specify their names but said they engaged more than one network companies.

Currently Swedish network company Ericsson and Nokia of Finland are vying for market share in the 3G space besides Chinese companies like Huawei and ZTE.

*in.news.yahoo.com/financialexpress...el-set-to-start-operations-for-3-e247859.html

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^^

lol man that was rude... its not a dying technology.... its more a mainstream one in western countries...

it doesnt make sense to the jump from Edge to others skipping 3G.. does it ?

_

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
The Latest news on spectrum is that interim 5MHZ of spectrum be given to 3 Operators ONLY, of which one has to be BSNL/MTNL.

Rest operators have to wait till Defense clears the airwaves.

Which means, Lot of Cat fights:p

hailgautam

Youngling
I always see 3g mark on my phone when i enter the basement of my office building where there is no network at all. thats 3g for you.

B

bigdaddy486

I have told in a previous post that india is growing rapidly in technology stage........

Really, i hope there will be HDTV broadcasting within 2 or 3 yrs in India

rakee

Journeyman
I always see 3g mark on my phone when i enter the basement of my office building where there is no network at all. thats 3g for you.

He he..same here pal...turn on 3g mode and it is ON...i see 3G icon in my pda..lol...seems its going to be real now :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
It's nice to see atleast someone introducing 3G.
But it will be expensive. :(
Hope they reduce GPRS charges.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^^
much faster than current edge speeds... video calling will be more practical

very good for browsing in internet tablets like n800 etc and phones like iphone... oh! wait not really the last one :p :D

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom