Airtel Reveals Official Release Date for iPhone 3G: 22 Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
The iPhone 3G will be launched in India on August 22, by Airtel. The price though still seems to elude us as they haven't mentioned anything on that front.

Vodafone, the other service provider to bring the iPhone 3G to India, hasn't issued any such statements yet. But our source tells us that Vodafone too will be launching the iPhone 3G on the same date as Airtel. There were reports earlier that Vodafone would launch the iPhone 3G 15 days before Airtel.

"iPhone has been the iconic technology revelation of this year, "said Sanjay Kapoor, president of Mobile Services at Bharti Airtel. "Airtel has been at the forefront of innovation and customer delight in the Indian telecom sector. Introducing iPhone 3G to India further underscores our commitment to enrich the communication experience of all Airtel users."

Customers will be able to purchase the iPhone 3G at Airtel Relationship Centers.

Source:
*www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-phones/airtel-reveals-official-release-date-for-iphone-3g/44241/0

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Ya this is old news...The Airtel is launching the iphone on 22 Aug...I had read somewhere that Vodafone will launch the iphone on 18 Aug...

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
its confirmed vodafone is launching phone on 22nd aug

source : techtree

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
iphone is surely going to sell like Nokia 1200 and become one of the most common phone :D

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Vodafone and Airtel both are going to launch on same date i.e. 22nd August

Source: Times of India, 7th August (Mumbai and Pune editions)

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ +1 .
Vodafone released a new PR saying that it will also release the iPhone on 22nd Aug.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
With the release of iphone in India, there will b stiff competition among all the companies...If it is launched between 16k - 22k, all the companies will have 2 rethink their strategies...

Many consumers r gonna shift 4m Nokia/SE to Apple's iphone...

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
What about the bond???If any??and are they giving any supplemntry services like in US??To be very frank i donno how are they going to sustain 3G,in bangalore for the past few weeks even Airtel EDGE is down(I frequently use it so i know)...Anyways all in all good news...:)Lets hope for the best.!

dd_wingrider

In the zone
I am really not getting whats d point in hiding iphone & data plans pricing details :-| What will they get out of it by delaying it so much?

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
If and when 3G actually starts then what will be connection speed we will get.

I am not sure but for GPRS it is 144 kbps ( i think so)
For EDGE ?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Do we have to sign the a contract or something with the service provider? And will it cost the same if we choose Airtel or Vodafone?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
From what I know, iphone is releasing in 16 countries on 22nd of August and India is one of the 16.

Will be released on 22nd by Airtel and Vodafone.

ECE0105

In the zone
So, all those rumors about the iPhone costing 8k are just that ??

I've seen it in action, so a word of caution.... Its not as great as the hype surrounding it.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
iPhone costs 8k in US the operators heavily sudsidize the fone and add costly monthly plan with it (u hav to sign a contract) but out here in India the story is gonna be a little diff.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Even in the US the iPhone does not cost 8k, even if you were subtract the subsidies. :)

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Apple, Airtel/Vodafone r gonna make a fool of people by binding them 2 a contract...They r gonna recover rest of iphone's cost 4m the costly plans they offer with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom