Airtel Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I was calling my mother, who is admitted to a hospital, as I needed to get medicines...when I call my mother I first had to listen to some promo offers for 40seconds b4 it starts dialing...when I question the customer care they say it is not possible to remove those promo offers when I call...is this legal 4 a service provider to impose promos when I need to make urgent call?

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
which one do you use? prepaid. And which city? I am in Delhi with prepaid (now converted to postpaid) and i don't get to listen to crappy adverts each time i make a call.

Why would they do that. Is your balance low or something. they do spend a few seconds for that sometimes but not on advertisements.

hailgautam

Youngling
that is a strange thing. i am currently in Chennai and have tamilnadu prepaid connection. i am not even receiving sms ads, let alone getting promo before each call. i am on student pack.

outlaw

De@d
i've noticed that while making the first call after keeping my phone idle [switched off] for sometime ,i have to go through an announcement first before the call gets connected

often the announcement is the account settings report like

" this call cannot be completed ;call diverted to network congestion;dialled no is not allowed by the allowed lists" and some other crap.....

often the statements contradict itself

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
ilugd said:
which one do you use? prepaid. And which city? I am in Delhi with prepaid (now converted to postpaid) and i don't get to listen to crappy adverts each time i make a call.

Why would they do that. Is your balance low or something. they do spend a few seconds for that sometimes but not on advertisements.
I live in Mumbai. I have a lifetime prepaid connection & a post paid connection (one for me & another for my wife) on my prepaid the balance is never below Rs.150 as I have airtel mobile office (i.e. internet conenction) which I use a lot so I don't let it go below Rs.150 ever.

Both the prepaid & postpaid connections give me this stupid voice response advert about winning a ticket to fly to Hongkong.

K

krazyfrog

Even i live in mumbai and use airtel prepaid and my balance also never goes below 50 rupees as even i use mobile office a lot and have to keep the balance above 50 for mobile office to work. But i never heard those adverts till now.

amol48

Searching...
Go to Airtel site and fill the "Do not Disturb" form there. You will not get any calls or SMS thereafter.

go4sumeet

Right off the assembly line
...is this legal 4 a service provider to impose promos when I need to make urgent call?

Ofcourse this is not correct for a service provider to bug u this way.Afterall they r not providing u this service for free.But strange to hear that airtel is doing this sort of a stuff.

Next time u call up 121 tell them that if this dosent stop i will lodge a complaint in consumer forum.............:D i have tried this for more serious problems, trust me it works, try out.

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
rollcage said:
send "N" to 170 to stop annoying sms
It is NOT an sms it is a VRU (Voice Response Unit) pitching for some kind of a promo just b4 I dial any of my family or friends...and it is only happening when I call another Airtel connection.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
caleb said:
It is NOT an sms it is a VRU (Voice Response Unit) pitching for some kind of a promo just b4 I dial any of my family or friends...and it is only happening when I call another Airtel connection.
I have a postpaid connection .. after sending this .. I no longer receive any annoying sms ;)

magnet

Youngling
yupeven i hear this **** sometimes whilecallin in mumbai...i guess we need to regsiter to do not disturb to overcome thi gimmick.......btw wht r the chargesof mobile office for postpaid????on 121 they say we r frm prepaid dept as my cell is prepaid..hence they dont know the charges.......

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Well I am in B'lore using Airtel Post Paid connection and I've never heard any such promo's while calling...maybe they've tried it in Mumbai first

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i am in blore using prepaid airtel and i havnt come through such nuisance. i only hear it when i have low balance...

-SUDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom