===<< Airtel Mobile Office on SE w550i >>==

Status
Not open for further replies.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
i m having some trouble connectin to net on my SE W550i. i am using AIRTEL Mobile Office and wud want to browse the net on my pc using the phone as a modem. everything up to is fine, except that the connection cannot be made. i have tried using the SIM in my other phone samsung x700: here it is ok.
but not for the w550i>
i use the following settings =

APN = airtelgprs.com
ip = 202.56.232.117
port = 9201
proxy = disabled
username, password = blank

thanx for ur help!!!

assasin

Banned
AFAIK u domt need to give ip and port in MO settings.Delete dem and try 2 connect.If dat doesnt work enable proxy.

K

krazyfrog

Yeah, keep ip address blank i.e. 0.0.0.0 No need to specify port too. Keep that blank as well.

assasin

Banned
Its not that u cant use IPs or not setup proxies in MO,but the port needs to be 8080 (i.e. HTTP port).It cant be any other port.Generally u dont need it and it doesnt work in all fones (it doesnt work in Nokia,but works with Samsung).

volt880

Right off the assembly line
i can browse in my mobile but not in my pc. the phone modem is ok, also the data cable, and its connecting properly after dialing the required number. can anyone please tell me in detail the ie settings?

i think i am suppose to enable proxy in ie, and put the required ip address and port number in the specified boxes, i already did that but nothings happens - i tried without it but still nothing happens.

what is going wrong - can anyone knows the answer? i am using xp and ie6.

thanks in advance.

Crazy Kidd

In the zone
No need to setup any proxy in case of Mobile office. Just get the settings from Airtel Customer Care of GPRS Help Desk or from any Airtel Connect. Then just create a new connection as you used to do for dial using the create a connection wizard in network connections folder. In the place of number type *99***1#. Then connect. If you used anyproxy configin your browser or apps then remove them. Now try connecting to net by dialing the connection created. it should work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom