Airtel Increased Broadband Price

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just got a SMS from Airtel ..

Namaste! Due to regulatory changes and increased input costs, monthly rental for your airtel broadband ID ***** has been marginally revised from Rs. 1699 to Rs. 1800 w.e.f 11-Aug-12, Details? visit www.airtel.in/dsl-faq

I will start looking at alternatives now.. :x

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^F**k airtel, you are in bangalore right? Why not go for ACT(or was it Beam telecom)?

tkin

Back to school!!
Go for local cable broadband, I am thinking of moving to alliance.

I found this, fu*k congress, they are gonna shove up stone age up our behinds, pathetic idiots, expect a hike from every player within a few more months, and by next april:
*imgur.com/6T451.png
*imgur.com/8Us4J.png

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Go for local cable broadband, I am thinking of moving to alliance.
I want high reliability and low ping (blame BF3 :p) , I don't think local cable will be able to deliver that.. the only thing I like about Airtel is the quality of service (speed and uptime)

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
just a start... congress trying to get all money from telecom companies (spectrum allocation) will bring back expensive phone call and mobile services... :mad:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ As I said, congress will drive this country to the ground, I'm ok for a price hike if speed also hikes, but this is pathetic.

Airtel: Old -> New
Rs. 899 -> Rs. 950
Rs. 1399 -> Rs. 1500
Rs. 1699 -> Rs. 1800
Rs. 1999 -> Rs. 2150
Rs. 2099 -> Rs. 2250
Rs. 2399 -> Rs. 2550

Plus:

+ Service Tax @12%
+ Edu cess @2% on S.Tax
+ Sec & Higher Edu Cess @1% on S.Tax)

:banghead:

But then again:
*i.imgur.com/G8uhK.png

Way to pass your burdens on us, airtel :x

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Why not try You Broadband? I switched to it in this March and except for the first month, have faced no problems with the service.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Why not try You Broadband? I switched to it in this March and except for the first month, have faced no problems with the service.

Not impressed with the You broadband plans.. ACT has a good plan 10Mbps till 75GB (2Mbps later) @Rs.1299 - this is quite cheap compared to my current Airtel plan.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I want high reliability and low ping (blame BF3 :p) , I don't think local cable will be able to deliver that.. the only thing I like about Airtel is the quality of service (speed and uptime)

Due to this fact I am too in a big dilemma in choosing my upcoming BB. One hand is mighty Airtel, other hand, Reliance with its astounding plan os 12mbps (1mbps UL after 25GB) @ 999/-. But service of reliance sucks. :|

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Reliance with its astounding plan os 12mbps (1mbps UL after 25GB) @ 999/-. But service of reliance sucks. :|
I think you should give it a try. RCOM service differs from neighborhood to neighborhood. While it's great in some (like mine), it's terrible in others. Purely depends on luck! :p

Top Bottom