Airtel GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
btw we can covert our prepaid account too postpaid rite..!!??

anyways...first i want to confirm if indeed the download speeds are 40-50Kbps...i doubt it coz it would be more than 256kbps BROADBAND..how can that be possible..??

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
kbps= kilo bits per second.......
KBPS= kilo Bytes Per Second.......
40kbps is not a good speed, just like dialup, 40/8= 5 KBPS.......
You now getting much better speed, why you want to take CellOne

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Dipen01 said:
@Akshay , deepakchan :- u ppl just gave me a solid ATTACK..

is it Kbps i.e Download speed or kbps ....

The b only differs. Not the k. kbps is kilobits per second. kBps is kilobytes per second. When I mentioned 70-100kbps it means 9 to 12 kBps. But when I was roaming in Pune (with CellOne), the speed was very less. Had to use the Reliance laptop netconnect card. But this was more than a year back on the outskirts. There may have upgraded the networks now. Try and see.

Dipen01 said:
btw we can covert our prepaid account too postpaid rite..!!??

Very much possible. But the conversion can take anywhere between 24-72 hours during which you will be unreachable.

Last edited:

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Rite 40-55kbps = 4-5kBps

Dat is gud enuf considering airtel is offering the same speed but at 360 p.m. BSNL is soon venturing into EDGE all over. Plus BSNL gives 50 free MMS wit 199 plan... So worth it.

pushkardey

Right off the assembly line
in kolkata gprs ser-vice by airtel costs Rs.99 without connecting to comp... and iff u want it on ur copm too then Rs.250..... both are unlimited downloads.... i got it last october (2006) but left it in feb'07 coz the ser-vice became crap..... no speed at all.

Dipen01

Youngling
ohhhhhh.... so why are people unnecessary claiming that cellone has better speeds wen compared with Airtel..!!

with 27-28Kbps at nite...it not match for cellone.... i thought cellone was providing 40-50Kbps at nite :p

Plus Airtel is free for me :p atleast for time being
(touchwood)

No change ;)

patkim

Cyborg Agent
In Pune I am paying 349 Per Month for the Airtel GPRS which is EDGE enabled.
On my handset I do see the Edge Network sign, but the browsing speed s not really good.

It is more or less comparable to 56kbps dialup!! As a result sometimes sites eventually error out after long period of inactivity especially after logins etc

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Suppose I have an BSNL Unlimited 199 Plan. I can surf Net at only Rs199/Month. If I download any file from Net, will I be charged more for it?

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
emailaatif786 said:
Suppose I have an BSNL Unlimited 199 Plan. I can surf Net at only Rs199/Month. If I download any file from Net, will I be charged more for it?

Unlimited is Unlimited. You won't be charged a paise more. How much ever you download.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^ yes, but if you download something which is chargeable ( ringtones, wallpapers, themes from Yahoo, Rediff, Indiatimes ..... such pay sites) then it will be charged, no charge for free contents and surfing :) so happy surfing

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
Tech.Masti said:
^^^ yes, but if you download something which is chargeable ( ringtones, wallpapers, themes from Yahoo, Rediff, Indiatimes ..... such pay sites) then it will be charged, no charge for free contents and surfing :) so happy surfing
DEEPAK CHAN:
Unlimited is Unlimited. You won't be charged a paise more. How much ever you download.?
IS IT TRUE?
So if opt for BSNL 199 PLAN, and download Windows 2003 SP2 in my PC from GPRS, will I be chargd more than Rs 199? OR NO????

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
emailaatif786 said:
DEEPAK CHAN:
Unlimited is Unlimited. You won't be charged a paise more. How much ever you download.?
IS IT TRUE?
So if opt for BSNL 199 PLAN, and download Windows 2003 SP2 in my PC from GPRS, will I be chargd more than Rs 199? OR NO????
yeah but if u will download ubuntu than they will not charge any amount :)
problem with gprs is even if u will keep ur pc on download 24/7 than also u can not download more than 200mb/day
and on edge not more than 500mb.
+ extra electricity bill

din

Tribal Boy
Under advanced rental scheme - Kerala

Thats 1500 per yr, comes to Rs.125 per month - for unlimited GPRS / EDGE use

Use it for the last 2 yrs, speed is ok kinda

Dipen01

Youngling
@Desi-tek :-

My GPRS connection was once uninterrupted for 18 hours and i downloaded ~ 1200 MB during that time...well the problem was my battery got discharged so i had to dc..and then i started surfing so my downloading was stopped ;)

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
emailaatif786 said:
DEEPAK CHAN:
IS IT TRUE?

Of course not. For 199, you can download 1GB, or 5GB, or how much ever you can download connecting the phone 24x7. :)

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
1gb+ data transfer /day is only possible with edge but think of electricity bill u will get?
with bsnl data 1 i can download 5gb of data during free hours and that also by paying 500/month plus tax.
gprs is good only for surfing on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom