Airtel GPRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
With BSNL, in Pune, wit N73 I get EDGE symbol but wit N72 there is no Edge symbol though the speed is d same for both. Dunno y this happens.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Akshay said:
With BSNL, in Pune, wit N73 I get EDGE symbol but wit N72 there is no Edge symbol though the speed is d same for both. Dunno y this happens.

Ultimately speed is what matters, whether EDGE or no EDGE.. :)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
This happens because old nokia models dont show E sign..... But now they add this with their new handsets :)

BTW how much speed you getting with N73 and N72 ?

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Whats the cheapest EDGE enabled GPRS class 10 phone ? Preferably a Nokia....

Whats the cheapest EDGE enabled phone? Are all the EDGE phones GPRS class 10 ? Suggest preferably a Nokia.

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
kaustav_geek said:
Whats the cheapest EDGE enabled GPRS class 10 phone ? Preferably a Nokia....

Whats the cheapest EDGE enabled phone? Are all the EDGE phones GPRS class 10 ? Suggest preferably a Nokia.

The Nokia 6070 which retails for around 4.5k.

It has GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps
and EDGE Class 6, 177.6 kbps

I guess all EDGE phones should be at least GPRS Class 10. I haven't seen an EDGE phone so far which is lower than GPRS Class 10.

Dipen01

Youngling
Desi-Tek.com said:
1gb+ data transfer /day is only possible with edge but think of electricity bill u will get?
with bsnl data 1 i can download 5gb of data during free hours and that also by paying 500/month plus tax.
gprs is good only for surfing on the move.

I am an hostelite ;)

Plus i dont have to pay Electricity bill..:)

and ofcourse BSNL 2Mbps Night UL for 500+tax is anyday better than this by many times..

but considering the situation (No landline) its the best i can afford

patkim

Cyborg Agent
In Pune I browse the net on my PC using SE w810i handset, which is EDGE compatible. I don't even get 30 kbps with Airtel Mobile office. I feel even 56 kbps dial up modem is better! Also there are silent zones in between while browsing i.e. network activity just stops for a few seconds and continues again

I spoke to Airtel customer service but there was no clear response except for a thin lie that 'our technicians are working on it' :)
Then they asked me to use some other dial up number :)

From this post I find most of you are getting better speed with EDGE. Can anyone comment what might be going wrong at my end.
Thanks,

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
You would want to try out with another SIM card say CellOne to determine if the speed is slow due to the operator or the handset.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
N72 is amongst latest EDGE class n supports EDGE as well "E" shud appear. But it does not happn (evn in odr N70, N72 handsets). But I get same speed of about 40-65kbps on both handsets...

Dipen01

Youngling
patkim said:
In Pune I browse the net on my PC using SE w810i handset, which is EDGE compatible. I don't even get 30 kbps with Airtel Mobile office. I feel even 56 kbps dial up modem is better! Also there are silent zones in between while browsing i.e. network activity just stops for a few seconds and continues again

I spoke to Airtel customer service but there was no clear response except for a thin lie that 'our technicians are working on it' :)
Then they asked me to use some other dial up number :)

From this post I find most of you are getting better speed with EDGE. Can anyone comment what might be going wrong at my end.
Thanks,

Well theres nothing that i could think off.!! Its strange..

As even i am using W810i and its working good, well u dont get 30kbps that easily and that too in day time...i get ~25-28Kbps for 2-3 hrs at night...say from 3-7 AM...after that its around ~15-25Kbps.. and

i.e. network activity just stops for a few seconds and continues again

Well that happens but its very rare..!! atleast from what it was some months ago..!!

Well another thing i can think of is check ur PC..!! if there no Virus or Spyware..coz at times speed gets compromised due to it !! plus i live in Kothrud.

May be the area where you live EDGE connection is weak..

Whatever helps ;)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^ you guys are damn lucky :( i am getting a worst GPRS speed on Airtel , already thrown out BSNL landline , so only option is BSNL or Airtel GPRS :evil:

BTW Nokia 5200 is the minimum phone, which has EDGE class 10, price 6.4k

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hi guys,
after giving much theory on airtel gprs m in need of help now ;)
I've moved from delhi to my home in vacations and got an airtel card here and activated mobile office on it. Now when i try to access net through it, i get a very pathetic or almost no speed in daytime on pc while the speed is quite fast while surfing on mobile ! I'm not able to surf on pc so typing it here on mobile which is working quite fine. Its only after 1 a.m that i get speed of about 3-7 KBps till morning. Earlier when free gprs trick used to work, i got very good speed of stable 5-6KB (LOL, good speed ;) )
I've tried it in vista and xp both. Connect using data cable and bluetooth. Use N 70 and airtel mobile office without edge here in jharkhand. Connect by latest nokia pc suite.
Please help :(

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^ ya it happens to me also, it connects but no pages are opening :evil: i faced such problem 3/4 times in a day, upto 11pm, but after that no problem faced, speed is average GPRS speed, and no EDGE :mad:

int86

You'r Born Free
@ashu
atleast u were able to post at 10:24 PM.
Something strange happing to airtel gprs for last 10 days.
This all started with Easy Recharge not working whole one day on 6th or 7th May.

Anywhere to complain except CC ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom