Airtel GPRS queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
1) Hey guys. i hav been usin the airtel NOP service on my pc by forcing opera to use the proxy server. But i am unable to download a file of any size above 3 MB.

2) Also i am unable to access gmail and yahoomail. i tried accessin them through certain proxies but each time the browser showed a message:
"Your browser does not accept cookies" or something of that sort although i hav configured my browser to accept all cookies.

3) It seems the airtel live free gprs trick is not workin these days, is it?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
1. Strange you are able to go up to 3 Mb, because NOP has a limit of maximum 1 Mb for a file. Anyfile which exceeds 1 Mb will not be accessable. This was the situation 1 month back, i am not aware wether it has been updated to 3 Mb or not. 3 Mb would make sense though, as many of the softwares for S60v3 are around 1.5 Mb.

2. NOP has a very limited protocol support. It does not allow TCP as well as POP3. Cookie problem is independent of NOP i feel.

3. Yes, Airtel people were smart enough to cover up the loopholes ;)

Pathik

Google Bot
1.yup it s 3mb in mumbai too.. No way to circumvent that.
2. Nop does hav some probs wit ssl sites..
3. Yea free gprs is blocked.

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
If NOP doesn't allow tcp and pop3, then how come is it that i am able to access my rediffmail account???

Also i wud like to ask dat i connect to the net my n6600 usin bluetooth. when i check the connection properties, i see that the client server address is always different. Does dat mean that my ip address is dynamic?

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
nop does allow tcp connections.. But not pop3.. And u r able to access rediff cos u do it thru a browser and not a pop3 mail client

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
but then y only rediffmail and y not gmail or yahoomail? I browse all of them thru opera and not through any email client. i think rediffmail must b usin sum different protocol. wat do u say pathiks?

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Free settings r no longer working with Airtel in Maharashtra circle (n few odr states as well).

One old trick wud b to use "useragent" addon to firefox n disguise ur FF as "opera on mobile". But dat too wont wrk for long.

I hv been using BSNL GPRS (Rs.199 p.m - unlimited) n d speed is much bettr den airtel.

aritrap

Mobile Addict
Hey guys, I am a present BSNL subscriber.I want to switch to Airtel. Can u guys tell me what is NOP. Is there any monthly plan for NOP.
I had heard that Airtel had an unlimited GPRS plan of Rs.99 monthly. What happened to it.

Ishan

In the zone
ahave downloaded 1.8 mb song thru airtel Nop just yesterday....

doesn't it depends on RAM of mobile phone.....well mine is SE z550i...

Last edited:

vandit

In the zone
@aritrap

the unlimited plan of rs 99 is the NOP service itself....
and @Akshay
the rs 199 plan of bsnl.....is it edge service??means like that mobile office in airtel??

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
NOP = Net on Phone, you can access net on your phone only unlimited, cant access from PC, have some trick to use it for PC, dont know how, if anyone know please PM or post

MO= Mobile Office, can access from phone and PC both , its also unlimited......

Thats all what i know ;)

Dipen01

Youngling
@pathiks :-

Well as far as i know ur using Airtel MO quite frequently na..??

I am kinda getting very good speeds since 2-3 days (TOUCHWOOD)... Is it the same with you guys..??

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
May there are many who are sufficient with the speed of Airtel, but i was not...cuz the download speed was max 19kbps and min 3kbps. Do you all get more than this...and moreover i was paying 300pm i then it clicked me to switched to BSNL plan paong 200 more.

Dipen01

Youngling
Well i am gettin ~20 in day time...and ~27 during night time..!! well its not much..I am satisfied...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom