Airtel GPRS queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
vandit said:
@aritrap

the unlimited plan of rs 99 is the NOP service itself....
and @Akshay
the rs 199 plan of bsnl.....is it edge service??means like that mobile office in airtel??

Yes. It is the EDGE Service. Airtel charges Rs.375pm here in Chennai for MO whereas Dad is paying only Rs.199pm in his CellOne connection. Now the speeds have gone down considerably low in Airtel with even 'E' on the phone meaning on EDGE networks. BSNL also has upgraded its networks at least in metros to EDGE networks and the speed is far far better now. I am going to change to CellOne from the following month. Why pay 175 extra for slower service?

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
then is it true that other than nokia sets gets better EDGE speeds??:confused:
because Dipen01, Blueshift using SE phones and they getting really good speeds, :)
aryayush and Pathik using Nokia handsets for net but getting less than 100kbps:( .....
my local friends who using Airtel GPRS for long time told me that other than Nokia sets are good for net.....:confused:

@deepakchan......
which handset you and your dad using??

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
Tech.Masti said:
then is it true that other than nokia sets gets better EDGE speeds??:confused:
because Dipen01, Blueshift using SE phones and they getting really good speeds, :)
aryayush and Pathik using Nokia handsets for net but getting less than 100kbps:( .....
my local friends who using Airtel GPRS for long time told me that other than Nokia sets are good for net.....:confused:

arre...my friend has N72...wen he was using MO on that phone...he was getting around ~13kbps..and at the SAME TIME was getting ~19kbps.. ofcourse area matters..plus he lives some 5-6km far from my place..

but never hav i heard any Nokia users getting classic speed..EXCEPT 6630 ;)

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@vandit

BSNL is not offering EDGE services as of now in maharashtra circle. But d connectivity n speed is much bettr den airtel

Dipen01

Youngling
^^
@akshay :- ru using Cellone GPRS ? what speeds do u get

checked in another post ;)
tx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom