Not open for further replies.

codyhulk

Dating Xpert
I have used almost all the Airtel broadband Plans starting from

Home 256 kbps
Home 512 kbps
Home 1 mbps 2222
and now Freedom 2 mbps 2499

So far I was getting equal upload/download speed on my internet. Their logic was I should get 1/8 of whatever service I subscribed to.

So in 1 Mbps I was getting 140 Kbps download and 132 Kbps upload.

Now when I have migrated to 2 Mbps plan. I get 176 Kbps download and 88 Kbps. They say that now Upload is going to be 1/12 of the total speed. What I don't get is,

Why would my speed decrease to almost half when I tried to upgrade my plan? Especially when there has been no change in technology.

Last edited:

zboy123

Broken In
As I said in another thread, it's 2 Mbps i.e. (2 MBps)/8, The diffrenece is due to bits and bytes. You can do the math. I am on airtel 1 Mbps and I get 128 KBps download speed.

sunny155

Broken In
I think ADSL always have low upload speed than download speed. Same is with bsnl i get 240 KBps download speed and upto 50 KBps upload speed. But its not at the same time.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually the OP has a point. His up and down speed should be the same in AirTel as their DSL is symmetric and not asymmetric.

JaAcE

Right off the assembly line
yeah these days we hav ADSL2 ..ideally the upload and download speed should be in sync..havnt heard of this 1/12 thing man..
try talkin to a diff customer care executive..i do it always ..if aint satisfied i keep buggin em...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom