Airtel - customer care

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshi_ban

Broken In
speedyguy said:
16kbps download at airtel gprs....somwat unvelievable for me....mine runs at nearly 3-4kbps that too not constant....frequent breakups r there....im movin to nagpur...dunno hwz speed there??? crossed fingers

ps: dun have edge
cheers

Hay guys, i told u that 16kB/s is my recorded. normally when i surf the pages, it is below 7-8 but when i download,my download manager shows more than 12...its true and have downloded many huge files in very less time...

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
joshi_ban said:
GUys,

Well talking about GPRS or MO, Here in PUNE, AIRTEL gives an outstanding service. I use Edge 3g (though 3G is useless), it can give up to 16kBps (highest recorded in my case) and connects at 460.8 kbps = 57kBps.

Rs. 5 per day is okay and m getting somrthing like broadband. only that in the night time and evening i get some connection problem. or else the average speed is 12kBps.

thanks to airtel that we can use and carry tech. on our pocket and in our Lap.

Hello. You can increase that speed to 921.6 Kbps from dial up connection (by which ever name u use)> properties> general tab > select whichever modem u use > configure > maximum port speed change it to 921600.

But the question is does it really help at all?
I certainly dont think so.

joshi_ban

Broken In
Mangal Pandey said:
Hello. You can increase that speed to 921.6 Kbps from dial up connection (by which ever name u use)> properties> general tab > select whichever modem u use > configure > maximum port speed change it to 921600.

But the question is does it really help at all?
I certainly dont think so.

OYE MANGALE,

I know that, but i mentioned u that my download manager in OPERA and DAP shows the speed of more than 12 kBps while download. and when i checked my record, 16 was my highest recorded

SUcKs u Guys

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Hey buddy,i m getting jealous of u,u r really lucky,infact ur whole region is lucky,I in bengal get a speed of only 5kB,that too not regularly.

Bengal is not a small place .... ur region (siliguri eeh??) may have bad reception ...

16kbps download at airtel gprs....somwat unvelievable for me....mine runs at nearly 3-4kbps that too not constant....frequent breakups r there....im movin to nagpur...dunno hwz speed there??? crossed fingers

ps: dun have edge
cheers

No EDGE .. no nothing good ... look at this :

*img131.imageshack.us/img131/536/googleearthv4betadownload1my.th.jpg

I was downloading it yesterday night .. speeds are ok'ish for me ... can't really ask more for 250 bucks back at where i live ..... for now i.e.

joshi_ban

Broken In
hay guys, espec. Mangal Bahadur,

look what deathvirus has said. even his speed uis quite good.

for Proof have attached one screen shot by deathvirus, take a look.

my download speed using Airtel Mo is more than 19 kBps. check it out

what else one can ask for rs 150.

By the way airtel live also works in the laptop, only that m not able to use MSN Messenger.

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
how come u guys get dat speed dudes....mine here sux...really useless to browse it....its very unresponsive....that indicator on ur taksbar is generally at off position...blinks ocassionally indicating some data transfer but i hv to wait yrs to open one page that too unsuccesfully....i cant even use yahoo msnger properly....

either server in my place is bad or im doing something wrong or may b i need some tweak suggestions...

im using se k300i

cheers

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
deathvirus_me said:
Bengal is not a small place .... ur region (siliguri eeh??) may have bad reception ...

No EDGE .. no nothing good ... look at this :

*img131.imageshack.us/img131/536/googleearthv4betadownload1my.th.jpg

I was downloading it yesterday night .. speeds are ok'ish for me ... can't really ask more for 250 bucks back at where i live ..... for now i.e.

i am also from WB. i am using MO on kolkata airtel sim. But the speed is not good enough. When i download something, download manager shows 7-9KBps. As per ZDnet speed test it says 56kbps-59kbps. Airtel tower is nearby my home, so i think there are no problem with signal strenght, it may happen for handset. i am using Nokia 3220 handset(EDGE supported). so please tell me what handset you using. thanks.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
3220 has EDGE class 6 .... so the maximum speeds can be upto 14 KBps .. and since actual realtime performance is never close to 100% .. so speeds should be somewhere around 10-12 KBps .... those speeds that ur getting maybe because of the server ur downloading from .... to see the maximum speeds u can get ,,, visit *www.softpedia.com/ ... look for a download .. and select the romania (RO) server .. one the best among the few i've come across ...

edge And 3g

Ahem .. 3G ???? No yaar .. sirf EDGE .... that too naam-ka-waste ... believe me ... i used to get better speeds before Airtel officially introduced EDGE ...

BTW .. i'm using a Nokia 6681 ... and guess what .. no airtel tower close to my house ...

Last edited:

joshi_ban

Broken In
guys, one thing i noticed....the speed varies from place to place even inside ur house.

My room has god window in only one side, whenever i surf from cornor table in my room, speed is slow, but as i go close to window it becomes faster. I normally sit in my terrace and surf the net, there i get a blazing speed.

try it out guys, go to ur terrace or open space for better reception of the net.

By the way i think EDGE matters a lot. earlier i was using LG G1800 without edge, that time the max speed was 5KB/s, but now i am using N6680 and speed increased more than 3 times.

Raiden Bee

Broken In
yeah right. Just as you tend to go to an open place and recieve clearer voice...cuz most indoor stuff interferes with signals

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
folks, my recpeption is quite ok...infact never goes below 3 towers but still my network has very frequent break-ups....basically so many break-ups than browsing from it is impossible....

plz advice me somthing....im really frustrated wit its performance....it shudnt b like this...tooo bad....i use se k300i...

cheers

joshi_ban

Broken In
121 barred to me also

anarchist said:
I am not able to contact customer care executive from the last 2-3 days. IVR system replies "send your queries via sms at our toll free no. 121". Somebody told me that it happens if you call customer care more than 3 times a day. Anybody facing same problem?

Same thing happened to me and i called from another line and they said, its because i called them more than 5 tiimes in a day. Actually that was a month ago... Sucks!!!these people.,...

U know wat, when i called initially one lady answered and said "if any problem call to 121 sir" and at that time i was on 121, and i asked her so do i need to call again????

SHe mumed and line was cut...these new people in customer care...sucks...

HAY BPO WALE, DHYAAN ME RAKHO YE SAB BAATEN

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@anarchist: wud wud u recon...is bsnl gprs better than airtel...considering no edge....i totally frustated wit airtels performance...its never consistant...a bit better after 2am..thats too late...

cheers

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Re: 121 barred to me also

joshi_ban said:
Same thing happened to me and i called from another line and they said, its because i called them more than 5 tiimes in a day. Actually that was a month ago... Sucks!!!these people.,...

U know wat, when i called initially one lady answered and said "if any problem call to 121 sir" and at that time i was on 121, and i asked her so do i need to call again????

SHe mumed and line was cut...these new people in customer care...sucks...

HAY BPO WALE, DHYAAN ME RAKHO YE SAB BAATEN

call or mail direcly o your nodal officer. Find your nodal officers phone no. and mail address from Airtel site > contact us. may it helps you.
But its true AIRTEL customer care is really ****:evil: :evil:.

Last edited:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hey thanx for those info dude...i will chek it in my location.....if ok will get a bsnl sim....may b just for gprs.....airtel has improved a very "little" here but still not enuf for browsing....thers hell lotsa conjustion....

enjoy!
cheers

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Good good.. mainly all gprs /EDGE users :) well. guys.. I happened to open a thread .. related to all this .. plz see .. and cast ur valuable advice.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30896

steelwin

Broken In
friends,

i got airtel live connection, but i cant go tagtag,guduwap and any other wap sites . but i can visit rediff, and india times wap sites., please tell me how to visit all other wap sites mostly i want to download softwares for my phones through the wap sites provided.

what should i do for to avail this facility.please tell me

thank you.

steelwin

amol48

Searching...
@anarcist

If you are using postpaid then don wory jus send them SMS on 121 like "Unable to connect to Customer care" And they will call you and will solve the problem in 3 hours. I too faced same pro.
But if you are using prepaid .. then forget doing anything wont help you. Just pray that Airtel guys pitty on you and the problem gets solved.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
amol48 said:
Just pray that Airtel guys pitty on you and the problem gets solved.
... we need no 1s pity and offcourse not of some 1 like airtel ..... we hav more than 1 way of getting things done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom