Airtel - customer care

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anarchist

I am not able to contact customer care executive from the last 2-3 days. IVR system replies "send your queries via sms at our toll free no. 121". Somebody told me that it happens if you call customer care more than 3 times a day. Anybody facing same problem?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
call customer care from some other airtel mobile (n tell them ur number) n tell them this thing...they will unblock customer care....

ps: dun bother sendin sms to em coz they wont

cheers

well urs using postpaid or prepaid...???

if u want i can clear it out...pm me ur no..i work in bharti teletech..
which holds airtel....

steelwin

Broken In
neerajvohra said:
well urs using postpaid or prepaid...???

if u want i can clear it out...pm me ur no..i work in bharti teletech..
which holds airtel....

nice,
i have one doubt, what is mobile office , is it free for unlimited browsing for 375/- .

i want the airtel service in our area , for that i can give them the required land along road side in the main city. will they prefer this ., ? what i need is airtel service in our area . please reply

amol48

Searching...
i had faced the same pro and when i had called the customer care they said it will be unblocked in 7 days.. but it wasn till at least 15 days :-(

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
no they shud unblock it within a week...but that realy sux...i mean somtimes i had to keep re-trying to get t cc or it even ocasionally disconnects in between...so is it my fault that i hvto keep re-dialing....

@anarchist: can u plz gimmi some details abt bsnl 200 unlimited...im lookin for a faster connection (atleast faster than airtel gprs) at less price as i use my net only at vacations...

cheers

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
is it better than airtel, wats d download speed for that....airtel has download speeds of round 3-4kbps though it connects at 115.2kbps

cheers

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
airtel has download speeds of round 3-4kbps though it connects at 115.2kbps

gprs speed is unpredictable. it depends on many factors. its better to check speed at any working connection by bringing it home. as speed depends on no. of users under your BTS, signal strength, BTS capacity, network congestion. airtel may have higher speed in cities due to EDGE. I was getting ~40kbps (5kBps) with bsnl but airtel speed is much lower ~8kbps (1kBps).

10-15 KBps (80-120 kbps) with default download managers ... over 25 KBps (200 kbps) with Flashget .. though the speeds are a bit incosistant .... and it depends on the downloading server tooo .. the best i get is from the RO server at Softpedia ..... here a screenshot of the speeds that i get (mostly around 24-25 though) ...

*img147.imageshack.us/img147/1512/airtelgprsspeed4pu.th.jpg

I am not able to contact customer care executive from the last 2-3 days. IVR system replies "send your queries via sms at our toll free no. 121". Somebody told me that it happens if you call customer care more than 3 times a day. Anybody facing same problem?

Happens if u call for more than 5 times within short time period .... no matter what the reason is .. a stupid operation ...

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I faced this problem in November. I even called from different nos and also went to te office. They were not unblocking it. I was having a balance of over1000/- and a customer from 2 years. I finally discarded airtel and switched to idea in march. That is no response even after 4 months continuous try.

steelwin

Broken In
friends,

will it be in BSNL gprs , what is the grand price for browsing unlimited with them . is there any hiddden charges apart from this 200/- Rs. , is it unlimited ? can i use it 24hrs a day .? ... please tell only if it is confidential

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@deathvirus_me: dude u kiddin me...my airtel sux in here...i get speeds of generally 3-4kbps that too is often broken so kinda not constant wit speeds...at nite may fly to 5-6kbps...u may hv edge but still ru really gettin those speeds wit "airtel gprs mobile office"...im thinkin to check this bsnl

cheers

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
yupp ... on airtel gprs ... via EDGE on my 6681 .... though the hosting server also must be good ... for avg. servers i get speeds around ~23 KBps .... but hey ... unlimited access at 250 bucks is a damm awesome offer ... though i'll shift to UL 900 Plus from BSNL soon ....

steelwin

Broken In
anarchist said:
no hidden price, you can browse continuosly 24hrs for 30 days, and you will also receive calls coming during connection, at that time internet will be suspended. but bsnl system will be faulty atleast 48 hours in one month (my personal experience)

i have enqiured airtel customer care, they are saying computer is programmed to count your No. of calls to cc , if you make more than 5 calls in 24 hours you will be blocked for 30 days. no matter what is the reason or what ever you talk (this also include calls which are dropped inbetween) and nobody can unblock you.
this is the worst system i have seen.

will i experience this problem in BSNL or in AIRTEL?

steelwin

Broken In
can anyone help me in this matter,

Iam Steelwin , from ittamozhi which is a small city in
tirunelveli disttrict . located on valliyoor - tiruchendur road at the
mid of them in TAMIL NADU .please read my request below

Your AirTel Service is nice and userfriendly by its top most
rating in tele service for the mobile users. Its service and coverages
are good almost in all part. But what i want to say is , We dont have
AirTel service in our area. Its located in SH between Valliyoor and
Tiruchendur road . around 20 kms along we dont have the airtel service.

We have the tower at Sathankulam and at Tisaiyanvillai and our
city is located at 8 kms from those cities . but we have 13 grouped
villages around us upto 6 kms. in which many business peoples and
many students live in all
these cities in grand. so we are expecting your service in our area .
knowing this condition most of the mobile operators are started
planting their tower in our city. BSNL has already have their service
with full coverage , and now BPL have started to plant a tower .land
acquition is done for them. So i know how your service is. so we need
your service in our area. for that i can give you the necessary land
on road side within the city limit. So please take some effective steps
to do so. and we are expecting your faster movement regarding this
matter.

watch the area map here
*img160.imageshack.us/img160/7834/areamap2lb.th.jpg
for any related questions please write to me., we are ready to serve
you better .

joshi_ban

Broken In
GUys,

Well talking about GPRS or MO, Here in PUNE, AIRTEL gives an outstanding service. I use Edge 3g (though 3G is useless), it can give up to 16kBps (highest recorded in my case) and connects at 460.8 kbps = 57kBps.

Rs. 5 per day is okay and m getting somrthing like broadband. only that in the night time and evening i get some connection problem. or else the average speed is 12kBps.

thanks to airtel that we can use and carry tech. on our pocket and in our Lap.

Najesh

Broken In
joshi_ban said:
GUys,

Well talking about GPRS or MO, Here in PUNE, AIRTEL gives an outstanding service. I use Edge 3g (though 3G is useless), it can give up to 16kBps (highest recorded in my case) and connects at 460.8 kbps = 57kBps.

Rs. 5 per day is okay and m getting somrthing like broadband. only that in the night time and evening i get some connection problem. or else the average speed is 12kBps.

thanks to airtel that we can use and carry tech. on our pocket and in our Lap.

Hey buddy,i m getting jealous of u,u r really lucky,infact ur whole region is lucky,I in bengal get a speed of only 5kB,that too not regularly.

anarchist said:
@neerajvohra - I am using prepaid, airtel dealer here says that it will be unblocked after 30 days. tried from another mobile. the customer care replies that it may be due to some computer fault, they will try to unblock it.
But nothing done! What a nonsense talk cc 3 times a day and you are blocked for 30 days. Some other people also facing same problem here.
Anyway, my mobile no. sent via PM.
have forwarded the matter to the authority...

everything will be ok within 24 hours....pm me for the news!!;) ;)

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
16kbps download at airtel gprs....somwat unvelievable for me....mine runs at nearly 3-4kbps that too not constant....frequent breakups r there....im movin to nagpur...dunno hwz speed there??? crossed fingers

ps: dun have edge
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom