Airtel catches the iPhone Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoughtyd

Broken In
If everyone had thought that Vodafone was going to be the lone conductor on the Apple's iPhone Bus in India then Airtel just suprised us by catching the same bus and becoming the second conductor...:D:D

*i29.tinypic.com/1zq8r40.jpg​

Bharati Airtel today afternoon announced a tie-up with the US based Apple Inc to bring the GSM based iPhone to the country...:thumb:

"Bharati Airtel has signed a deal with Apple to bring the iPhone to India later this year" Bharati Airtel said in a statement.

Airtel's announcement comes on close heels of the world's largest mobile phone operator Vodafone announcing last week to dstribute iPhone's in India by the year-end.

So this means Vodafone doesn’t have an exclusive deal for the iPhone in India and Airtel is planning another suprise around with the indication that the launch may be around the festive season of Diwali,which might mean a great Diwali gift to its over 65million subscribers.:D

If Airtel launches the Phone in Diwali ahead of Vodafone's release which is by the year-end then it would get the first movers advantage in the highly competitve Indian market.This would also might help in bringing down prices of the iPhone considerably -- with both telcos vying for a larger share of the Apple pie in India. And for customers, it may well mean good times lie ahead...:cool::cool:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
If Airtel launches the Phone in Diwali ahead of Vodafone's release which is by the year-end then it would get the first movers advantage in the highly competitve Indian market.This would also might help in bringing down prices of the iPhone considerably -- with both telcos vying for a larger share of the Apple pie in India. And for customers, it may well mean good times lie ahead...
believe u me, the 1 who launches later wil give a lucrative deal ;) this is good news to aayush for certain, the airtel part i mean

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Just saw this clipping in HT Business today ... was abt to post ! It will surely boast of a gr8 competition b/w Vodafone and Airtel !

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
And this competition might show us a good amount of price drop soon after launching in India. I'll consider buying one then. :D

vodafone sucks quite a lot, from what most of my vodafone using friends say.
now that airtel, the best mobile provider in India, has decided to supply iPhones, apple might get more respect.
and the competition is bound to reduce the prices too.

PS: the moment prices touch 5k, I will buy an iPhone :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Airtel *at*hes the iPhone B*s

What the he*k is wrong with this for*m? Why are there asterisks all over the pla*e?

Those of yo* who think that the *ompetition between the two *arriers might res*lt in lower pri*es are wrong. Apple will di*tate the pri*e of the phone, not the *arriers, and therefore, there is no *han*e of Vodafone releasing it for a spe*ifi* amo*nt and then Airtel releasing it at lower pri*es to s*rew them over or something like that.

Rest ass*red that the iPhone will *ost the same whether yo* b*y it from Vodafone, Airtel or dire*tly from Apple. Do yo* think Apple is going to show yo* two different pri*es on the online *atalog*e? No *han*e.

Of *o*rse, the rate plans will be different for ea*h *arrier and that's where things might get interesting.

Last edited:
Re: Airtel *at*hes the iPhone B*s

What the he*k is wrong with this for*m? Why are there asterisks all over the pla*e?

yea ... wats wrong ??? a new theme ??????? but this reddish color scheme is crap ..... the older one was faaaaaaaaaaar better .....and wat bout these annoying asteriks ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom