# Airtel 3G - Howzzat?

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
At last,

Airtel 3G came to Chennai,

Tariff is very expensive when you compare with BSNL,if you go by 'pay as you use'......30ps/20kb (remember bsnl 3G charges are ONLY 1ps/10kb)

If you want to select 2GB plan valid for 30 days then Airtel 3G charges Rs.750 and BSNL 3G charges Rs.716,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1147.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1150.png

Speed Test.net is NOT very reliable when it comes to Mobile broadband checking,but still says only this:

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1141.png

But,overall mail checking,browsing looks definitely faster (I hope it is not imagination!)

Share your Views!

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Tariff plan suck big time. BSNL has Rs 4200 for 6months. Unlimited without hidden limits.
Thats only 700 p/m.

Also I've seen 4-5mbps speeds in BSNL 3G with speedtest.

Last edited:

kiddish

Right off the assembly line
I am using MTNL in delhi but i want to switch with BSNL how can i switch on BSNL i want some good kinda offers that only i get from BSNL...

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
^
Buy a BSNL 3G sim from outside of NCR and get a 3G data plan that has zero roaming charges. You will get 3G in delhi at the low BSNL prices (but low MTNL speeds).

Otherwise no BSNL in delhi.

OP
dhan_shh

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
Many variation in 3G speed of Airtel,

On an average,its 1Mbps

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1192.png

Now,comparing with Chennai BSNL 3G,which is really good ONLY if you have a well ventilated room or outerspace,

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/IMG_1194.jpg

If you are held up inside a room,with poor signal speed deteriorates:

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/st3.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/st2.png

Airtel 3G is far better whether you are inside a room or travelling out,speed remains reasonably good! (But,why the hell they are advertising 21Mbps!!!!!!! GOK)

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I think renovating your room (with more ventilation) is cheaper than Airtel 3G. :lol:

Airtel
Rs 2000 for 14GB
BSNL
Rs 1499 for Unlimited (No FUP) :cool:
MTNL
Rs 1800 for 100GB
Obvious why I won't get Airtel 3G.

And they are advertising 21mbps because their towers are capable of 21mbps. Most phone don't support more than 7mbps (not even the 30k phones). And speeds depend on the number of user connected per tower.

Top Bottom