Aged Effect (the girls go crazy) (photoshop tut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Open up your image in your favourite image editor (if its not photoshop, you close this thread). This is a tutorial I picked up at *caustic-media.com/sf/index.php but the touchups are mine

Step 1:
Duplicate the Background layer by clicking Layer>New >layer via copy or pressing Ctrl+J.

Step 2:
Select the newly created layer and hit Ctrl+U or Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation from the menu. This will bring up the Hue Saturation box. Make sure the "colourise" box is checked on the lower right and give the following inputs:
Hue: 38
Saturation: 22
Lightness: 5 to 8 (depending upon the lightness of your image)

Step 3:
Duplicate the layer you were working on (layer 1) and then select Filter>texture> Grain. Give values of:
Intensity: 100
Contrast: 5

Step 4:
change the blend mode of your layer 2 (the one with the filter>grain) to Multiply. After that, duplicate it to get layer 3.

*img161.exs.cx/img161/7760/multiply9kj.jpg

Step 5:
Making sure layer 3 is selected (or the third layer that you created as it could be background copy 1, copy 2, etc) go to Filter>blur> motion blur.
Give values of
Angle: 90 degrees
Distance: 90

Step 6:
Change the blending mode for layer 3 or the layer you were working on to "soft light" in the layers pallette.

Step 7:
Touching up: use your Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast dialog box to brighten your image if it is looking too dark.

Clouds: Create a new layer, select it, go to Filter>render>Clouds and then play with the blending modes to get some superb lighting effects. It works only on some images.

Here's my image:

*img237.exs.cx/img237/971/edit3small6yx.jpg

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
u ever seen the movie the ring ???????? that pik looks like it came outta that movie . good work

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@goobster : u have a scanner man ???? . theres a way to convert scanned negatives into digital colored pictures . if u have tried it , or come across it on the net , do try it and then most the tut here

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
@klinux: I do have a scanner with a negative and slide scanner with it. The one I have is a microtek one and is not so good in quality, btu I don't think there is any tutorial associated with that. You just gotta scan the negatives using that, and its almost like a colour picture. But I don't use it now, I have my nikon coolpix!

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
I hv created three modified age pics on my pic(the same I am using as avatar):
THIS IS A ANIMATED GIF. MAY TAKE TIME TO LOAD
*img51.echo.cx/img51/3025/agesneha5bu.gif

NikhilVerma

Padawan
SWEET SNEHA said:
I hv created three modified age pics on my pic(the same I am using as avatar):
THIS IS A ANIMATED GIF. MAY TAKE TIME TO LOAD

Please refrain from posting pics of yours or The boys go crazy

*www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/hysterical.gif*www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/hysterical.gif*www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/hysterical.gif*www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/hysterical.gif*www.cafe18.uni.cc/style_emoticons/xmb/hysterical.gif

No offence meant

SWEET SNEHA

Journeyman
Now thats a bad j :cry: ke.
If I knew that even working on my own pic wud cause problems i never had selected my pic.
1st I've been forced to change my avatar,because of pms and now this. There is more "Lovebird" here than geeks.
But a I've spent time and effort to create the aged pic and the animation I don't wanna remove it.
Now I'm in a dilemma.

photoshopguru2619

Right off the assembly line
Aged photo

Instead of all this MAGAJMARI u shd go to the actions presets already provideed in Photoshop 6,7,CS & CS2 to get this effect. Its readymade yaar. why to take so much trouble? :lol:

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
@cyberia.in: thanks for the comment.

@sweet neha: Well, when I first did this picture and showed it to the girls in the college, they went all "wow, you are great" and all that kind of stuff. So I thought I'd mention it. Well, maybe it wasn't the effect, could have been just me!

@harrythephotoshopguru: First of all, tutorials help you get used to the software and its workings. Its the best way to learn photoshop, in my opinion. Secondly, I have noticed the sepia toning action in photoshop, but it does not have the grainy feel to it.

plasmafire

Journeyman
hey man.. tried all ur tuts out..real cool.. have fun like goans do..
i'll try to come over to goa someday.. say hi to goobi(is it m or f?) i have a male cat here

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
goobimama Can i get more tutorials from you
I always like your tutorials.

DO u remember i once requested u to help me design my Album cover and u help me.

thanks

Bye

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
I remember you dude. You the guy who wanted that khoobsurat thing right? Anyway, I haven't been able to write any more tutorials lately because my PC is screwed.

Thanks for the comments.

Milind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom