Age of Empires 3 Discussions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Age of Empires 3 Official NewsLetter said:
Age of Empires 3 should be on store shelves October 18th in the U.S. Ensemble Studios will also be shipping the biggest, most content-rich Collector's Edition that we've ever created. Quantities are limited, but you can pre-order yours now at www.ebgames.com or www.gamestop.com.

Check out what's going on in Age of Empires at our brand new community site www.agecommunity.com and while you are there check out the downloads sections to get the latest demo!

What's New

Age of Empires Collector's Edition available for pre-order

Age Community Site goes live

New demo released for Age of Empires 3

Immerse yourself in the greatest strategy experience ever, the Age of Empires 3 Collector's Edition. The limited special set includes the exclusive hard bound book "The Art of Empires", six other prized possessions to take with you in your conquest of the New World.

* Age of Empires III (Windows XP)
Command one of eight mighty European powers grappling to conquer the New World. Gain wealth and power from your home country and colonize vast, uncharted territory.
* The Art of Empires
Hard-bound book showcasing the in-game art, creative concepts that inspired Ensemble Studios and the magnificent paintings of Craig Mullins.
* Soundtrack
The epic orchestration featured in the Age of Empires III game.
* The Making of Age of Empires III DVD
Insider's peek at the world of Ensemble Studios, including interviews with team members and a behind the scenes look at how the game was made.
* Demo Disc
Seek new challengers by sharing the empire with a friend
* Poster
Full color, 43" x 27" - created exclusively for Age of Empires III by Craig Mullins
* Player's Guide
Master the survival skills needed to stake your claim in the New World. Manual and Quick Reference Card also included.

Pre-order yours now at www.ebgames.com or www.gamestop.com.

Ensemble Studios has launched a major new community site for Age of Empires fans. The focus of the site is to provide an official Ensemble Studios web location for Age of Empires fans to get the latest news and share information with other players. The site went live on September 30th. The Features include:

* All the latest Age news
* Exclusive interviews and insight into Ensemble Studios and Age of Empires
* Downloadable content, patches: a repository of official Age of Empires III downloads
* Age of Empires III statistics pages
* Community forums

We invite you to stop by and check it out at www.AgeCommunity.com

An updated demo of Age of Empires 3 is planned for release the week of October 10th. Updates to the demo include:

* An optional minimized UI
* A tutorial
* Lots of miscellaneous bug fixes

yourharry

Right off the assembly line
hi everyone, i got the game

hi everyone, i too like aoe very much. but i wont play the demo as its not enough for me.

Edit: [Enoonmai]: Please do not encourage piracy or post information on where to get pirated stuff. Further talks on piracy will merit a Warning tag.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Cool AOE

All the versions of AOE are cool. I loved Age of mythology the most. Hope this game satisfy the need of all gamers that love strategy games!!!! :D

Dipen01

Youngling
Well.. my favourite is AOE II havent tried AOE III as my systems doesn't support it.... well even Rise of Nations was good...

shaunak

Tux Fan
just tried aoe 3 demo my reveiw:
+runs on low ens systems [2ghz ,384mb ram,intel 865 onboard gfx card]
+no or little learning curve: even if u havent played any of the aoe series you shud b able to manage.
+great grafix even on low end systems
cant w8 to get my paws on it.

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
ok finished the game. I was disappointed with the story line. Somehow did not feel like AOE game at all. And the modes are a lil strange. Easy mode is tooooooooooo easy. Hard mode is a nightmare. There isnt an even distribution. Some more things. The mounted cavalry is pretty useless. I completed the game with ground forces (shooters mainly) and the artillery. A lot of the units seem redundant. The game does look gorgeous and the havok engine is damn good when it comes to realistic physics, still I thin AOEII was way better than this.

usmayur

Broken In
Re: AOE 3 messed up

icecoolz said:
usmayur said:
Is there any problem, if we have to concentrate on both micromanagement of resources and battle. It will make it more challenging and hence more satisfactory. That's my point.

Increasingly that is not the case. The focus is more on battle and hence the tactics. Micro management can only get you so much. The days of being defensive, building large armies and the attacking are long gone.

He he he
Now wat view abt AOE 3 since u were a staunch supporter of battle and tactics. Now u say AOE 2 was way better. Maintain a stand.

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Re: AOE 3 messed up

usmayur said:
icecoolz said:
usmayur said:
Is there any problem, if we have to concentrate on both micromanagement of resources and battle. It will make it more challenging and hence more satisfactory. That's my point.

Increasingly that is not the case. The focus is more on battle and hence the tactics. Micro management can only get you so much. The days of being defensive, building large armies and the attacking are long gone.

He he he
Now wat view abt AOE 3 since u were a staunch supporter of battle and tactics. Now u say AOE 2 was way better. Maintain a stand.

Did I say that AOE2 was better because of Micro Management ? Yes the focus is on battles in AOE3 however the levels of game play in AOE 3 is what I had an issue with it. Easy is way too easy and hard is very very hard. Also the balance in terms of units was the problem. With the ranged shooters, it almost made the halebriders redundant. Even th cavalry was lame against the shooters. Infact I still needed to micro manage neways. Esp with the cards which I had to send from my towns. Your stand is that AOE 3 will suck becos we dont have micro management. And honestly speaking u cannot focus on Micro management in AOE3. The battles at times is extremely large. I actually had a problem only with the levels of game play in terms of difficulty. I sitll say this. Micromanagement in RTS is of the past. Perhaps u should try LOTR: BFME then you will see what battles are all about. Or perhaps Dungeons and Dragons: Dragonshard. Now that has different battle dimensions.

Sourabh

Laptoping
edited the topic title from Development to Discussions. The thread has come a long way from the start.. Hope icecoolz doesnt mind :)

Srijandeep Das

Right off the assembly line
age of empires3

here are a few cheats for AOE 3:

Cheats
Press ENTER and input the following codes for the decribed effects:

X marks the spot - Reveals map
Medium Rare Please - Stocks 10000 food
Give me liberty or give me coin - Stocks 10000 coin
Nova & Orion - Stocks 10000 XP
Speed always wins - Building rate doubled
Sooo Good - Random saying when killed by infantry
This is too hard - Clears current map in single player
tuck tuck tuck - Stocks monster truck in retail version
A recent study indicated that 100% of herdables are obese - All animals on map are fattened.

have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom