Age of Empires 3 Discussions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well here we go. Microsoft is officially in development of AOE3. Here are some initial screen shots :

*www.vgames.co.il/images/uploads/images/image109776aoe01.jpg

*www.vgames.co.il/images/uploads/images/image107124aoe02.jpg

*image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/01/04/aoe3_screen002.jpg

Scheduled for Q4 2005. It will be using the Havoc Physics engine.

Check out more here :

*www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/ageofempiresiii/screenindex.html

Oh and also Red Alert 3 is in development. From the original Westwood team....looks like some interesting times ahead for the strategy side of games ...I know I am lookin forward to it :D

Slam Team

Journeyman
I am hell bent to buy this one buddy... xlent screenshots...a must buy game this yr. Nice post..I am eagerly awaiting for this one to launch...it must be priced between 2k - 3k

rohanbee

Padawan
Definately good news for strategy gamers :D :D :D :D
Screen shots look phenomenol..................lets see whats new and what good stuff has been carried from the earlier versions..........
hope it will come earlier than Q4 this year........ :cry: :cry:

Sourabh

Laptoping
well yaa i read this too in some forums a week ago

wanted to start a thread in here but dint

to b frank i m surely gonna play tis game, coz aoe was among the first few games i liked

i loved strategy games when i was small

i esp liked AOE, PHAROAH, CAESAR III and ZEUS

and yeah with the HAVOC PHYSICS ENGINE AND SUCH GOOD IN-GAME GRAPHICS its definately a no-nonsense game

i xpect it sooner than Q4, mebbe around Q3

lets c fingers crossed :wink:

goobimama

 Macboy
Great News! There haven't been any good releases of Strategy games for the year 2004 (fps fps fps, sick of it, mainly because of my gf 4 mx440)

Waiting for that release....

Milind

geek_rohit

In the zone
Well the screen shots are just great. Waiting eagerly for the game to arrive. Guess the game would be very heavy on the system. BTW Microsoft had released Rise of Nations only last year. Another game on same genre so soon. Anyways good for us. Looks like that the year 2005 is going to be great for gaming.

rohanbee

Padawan
naveenchandran said:
The screenshots are cool
Are the sys. Reqs same as that of AOE2?

Hope they are..............its very disappointing when you wait desperately for a game and it turns out to have high end graphics requirements.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
This is just to tell you guys that the first two screensots only are from the game...
The last one is a wallpaper........ Not a screenshot.....

Sourabh

Laptoping
Gamespy has an article on what is being shown of the upcoming RTS game Age of Empires 3 at the Game Developers Conference.

"One way to have buildings explode would be to have the art team custom-design the disintegration of each structure. But that would be time consuming, and after all that work players would be disappointed by the exact same explosion every time. Instead, Ensemble Studios licensed the Havok physics engine. The art team cut each building up into logical pieces of debris. Then, when a structure gets slammed by a cannonball, chunks of it part way (leaving ruined holes and broken slats underneath) and fly through the air. No two explosions are the same."

Read more here

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Thats intresting Sourabh. I would love to see how havok engine is incoporated into a game like AoE 3.

As for the system requirement, I am sure it will be around and infact more then RoN.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
OMFG! This thing uses Havok? :shock: Oh man, thats just too sweet to even imagine. :D I am drooling all over the place already. Mmmm, Havok....(drooling sounds)

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys...

AOE II is still one of my favorites (of-course on LAN)...heard about AOEIII long time back..
anwys. gr8 news its coming soon...Do anybody has an idea when exactly is this coming in India.. i mean will be available in market...
anyways...

Cheers..
Dipen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom