Technomancer
man age of empires is my favourite game and i would really like to play that

and one thing..todya only i got the news of empires III

i am a really sucker to know nothing about the AOE3

thanks for the news dude

i will really buy that game my favourite

rohanbee

Padawan
Read that AOE 3 is going to have mind blowing realistic graphics.
And the thing is they will be playable on a broad spectrum of machines.......so thats good news for a lot of people.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@achacko: I think everyone who has posted in this thread knows who the developer is and what category of games AOE3 comes under.

expert no.1 asked for the system requirements. Understand the question before posting anything in response.

Charley

Just Do It
Nemesis said:
expert no.1 asked for the system requirements. Understand the question before posting anything in response.

@Nemesis - Right then, Can u list it below " sytem requirements " ?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
OK, I refused to believe it, but the Age of Empires III Demo *IS* out. When Cody talked to me about this yesterday, I refused to believe that an RTS game employing Havok 2.0 would release a demo thats a paltry 375MB in size. Today, I know that's not true and the demo *is* that small. I guess I am too used to all new demos being at least 600 MB+.

The demo went online yesterday night. In any case, you can download the demo straight from Microsoft here. The demo is 365.83 MB and the minimum system requirements for the demo are as follows:

- Windows XP (before anyone asks, Windows XP or later ONLY)
- 1.4GHz Processor
- 256MB RAM
- 64 MB Video Card that supports HW T&L
- Approximately 370MB of Hard Drive space (not including installer)
- DirectX 9.0c

The demo features two playable single player scenarios as well as two skirmish maps with two playable civilizations. Knock yourselves out.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
What is RTS, Havok 2.0 and 64 MB Video Card that supports HW T&L?

Will demo run on Intel 845GVSR with 64MB onboard Video? No external graphics card.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well to say it in a better way, let me quote from the AOEIII dedicated portal,

Graphics cards that can forget about it!
Intel 845G (82845G)/Intel Extreme Graphics
Intel 865G (82865G)/Intel Extreme Graphics 2
Nvidia TNT/TNT2
Geforce MX 2 (Any model)
ATI Rage (Any model)
ANY SiS graphics cards
ANY 3dfx graphics cards and ANY Voodoo graphics cards
ANY VIA graphics cards EXCEPT the Deltachrome and Gammachrome series

Taken from here

Do give it a try if you wanna try your LUCK.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Time changes rapidly. Its only 1 year when i upgraded my pc. my vendor says he has given me the best avaialable at that time. Time to upgrade? Well not now unless i finish gta sa, max payne 2, nfs u2, hp1, hp2, hp3 and quake 3. Also nearly completed gta vc and gta3.

Sourabh

Laptoping
845chipset with support for DDR RAM were outdated way back in 2002 itself. So if you thought you got a good system 1 year back, think again. PC vendors are always after their part of the earnings and as a result it becomes important how you build your system with the right components rather than getting it assembled from a dealer with no idea of what he is giving. As for the games you are willing to try on onboard video, dont give it a try for GTA:SA and MP2 :d

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

navjotjsingh said:
What is RTS, Havok 2.0 and 64 MB Video Card that supports HW T&L?

Will demo run on Intel 845GVSR with 64MB onboard Video? No external graphics card.

RTS = Real Time Strategy... a genre of games.

Havok 2.0 = Physics engine employed in the game

"64 MB Video Card that supports HW T&L"... not onboard gfx card as they don't support HW T&L (Hardware Transform and Lighting) [Except for Geforce 2 MX 200 onboard in case of nForce2 chipset and new generation Intel GMA ones] .. This game requires external Gfx card with atleast 64 MB of onboard memory (that means memory chips on the Gfx card) supporing HW T&L.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Wokay! I think I will still give it a shot and see if my onboard card can run it. 375Mb is worth taking the risk. Lets see if I get lucky!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the demo is available on the official website also ,

*www.ageofempires3.com/

check it out , ill download mine tonite after 2 am. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom