Afraid of rejection - SAP interview

Master_C

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I had an interview at SAP Labs last Sunday (Feb. 5th).
The interviewer gave me his cell phone number and told me that I can call him (after the interview finished) for further questions about SAP.

This was me second interview for a QAE - student position.

He told me that answers for the HR level will be about 2-3 weeks from now(Feb. 5th).

I'm afraid of rejection, because that between the first interview to the second, I got a phone call within a day, and until now no phone...

What do you say ? I'm a little (OK not a little) afraid...

thnx guys...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Hey, relax. These processes takes time. They will definitely come back to you, hopefully with good news. :)

All the best. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You did your best. Now leave the rest to chance.
All the best. ;)

Last edited:

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
They are very very slow to respond.
Source: Me worky there and faced the exact same scenario.
5 days is nothing man, I got my call after 3 freaking weeks when they had promised to call in one week. :p

Check out my thread when I was in the same position:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/career-pl...be-sap-labs-i-have-my-interview-same-day.html

EDIT: Free beer if you get through!!

OP
M

Master_C

They are very very slow to respond.
Source: Me worky there and faced the exact same scenario.
5 days is nothing man, I got my call after 3 freaking weeks when they had promised to call in one week. :p

Check out my thread when I was in the same position:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/career-pl...be-sap-labs-i-have-my-interview-same-day.html

EDIT: Free beer if you get through!!

Hi Eggman, and all of you guys:)
I already read your thread Eggman and this is the reason for creating my user on this site.

I am worried because here in Israel the recruitment process is a quiet different than in India...

In Israel the process goes like this:

1. A phone call from SAP's HR department in Czech Republic which responsible for Israel, In this phone call the interviewer asking some questions about the study (GPA. faculty etc..), personal life and so on, in that conversation he can assume your English level, and tells you that you got an interview with a low level manager of your future department.

2. Interview with a low level manager that asked few written questions and a general question to examined my way of thinking. This manager told me that an interview (if I'll pass) will be in two weeks of this interview. Next morning I got a phone call from Czech Republic that I'm in for the second interview.

3. Interview with the QA manager that asked me personal questions + a 20min test on a computer + another review of the group structure and work.
Just mention that before he left me with the computer for the test, he gave me his cell phone number if I'll finish the task faster than a 30 min. He came after 20min and I show him those results of my task. after the review (that been after the test) he repeat his phone number so I can call him if I have some few more questions about the job \ SAP itself. And told me that the last step before the job offer will be an evaluation day that will be from 9am to 4pm, and ANSWER if I pass \ fail will be in 2-3 weeks.

My worries are that between the first interview to the second I had 24HRS until the HR phone call, and now nothing yet, not even a phone if I'll get to that last day of evaluation....

What do you think ? :cry:

(Eggman If I'll get into SAP, I'll invite all of you to a party here in Israel, it will be a lot of beer :p)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I'm afraid of rejection, because that between the first interview to the second, I got a phone call within a day, and until now no phone...

its alright but donot afraid of rejection...bcoz u have live a huge life ahead so have patience & calmness :-o

OP
M

Master_C

Nice to see a user from Israel :)

Thank you :)

I know I got nothing to afraid of, but this job very important to me because it's a Hugh springboard for software career...

I'll wait for Eggman reply or anyone else who knows how things works in SAP...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hi Master_C

Absolutely no Idea about other countries :(
But here in India , they had to send details to Singapore and then it gets processed there and then only do we get any call.

Maybe some similar process is taking time.
Best of luck :)
Just wait for 2 weeks and then probably you can consider yourself rejected. Before that , it will be a bit early.

OP
M

Master_C

Hi Master_C

Absolutely no Idea about other countries :(
But here in India , they had to send details to Singapore and then it gets processed there and then only do we get any call.

Maybe some similar process is taking time.
Best of luck :)
Just wait for 2 weeks and then probably you can consider yourself rejected. Before that , it will be a bit early.

Thanks man you encourage me a little :)

If I'll get in, I owe you a beer ;-)

OP
M

Master_C

An update:

I called the interviewer and he was 'surprised' to hear that no one from the HR called me.
He told that my CV will be kept in their systems BLA BLA.

I am very disappointed of SAP. I thought that they have the minimum fairness to tell the candidates and update them within the process.

Minion

Conversation Architect
@Master_C
Don't get dishearten I have faced similar situation many time organization will tell you they will call within a week but they don't call even after 1-2 months if they are not calling you don't cry for them their are lots of good organization to join with.

Top Bottom