Adware / Spyware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanty1942

Journeyman
Pls refer the following screenshots :
*img462.imageshack.us/img462/1176/warn12vv.jpg *img504.imageshack.us/img504/9835/warn22lh.jpg
Sometimes while browsing these screens popup. I close it by 'Alt+F4' ; not touching the message (God knows what code may be at background).

The same type of popups is common- I notice at various places. Who is the originator ? Is that PC infected ?

eddie

El mooooo
mohanty1942 said:
Is that PC infected ?
Yes you are absolutely correct. All those PCs are infected by the Virus "Microsoft Windows" but since we cannot remove it, here is the work around.
*www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

anandk

Distinguished Member
turning off the windows messenger service is like curing the symptom. the problem will continue to be there. but do it in any case.

ya, it sure does look like adware problem.
suggest u dowload install uoadet abd scan ur pc with a good anti-spy like adware or spybot or ms anti-spy.

if problem stl persists, post ur hijackthis logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for analysis.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. Turn off the Messenger service and install a firewall ... The built in Windows Firewall (although it sucks) can be of use here ...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
visit this page to see how u can disable windows messenger service...

*www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/docs/messagepopup/

PS>hey anand,man what did u do to recieve warning tag?? guess i have been not active lately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom