Adware Source of Install??

amjath

Human Spambot
Hi guys,

Today I was browsing digit using Chrome Browser suddenly Chrome crashed. It never happened to Chrome before. So I relaunched and restored all the tabs, when I tried highlighting text of posts I found some share kind of things popped up. I was shocked seeing it cause I know its a adware click a link and opened it and found to an adware called "BrowseBurst". Anyways I uninstalled it.

But my question is I didnt install any software for the past 2 days. I have seen these adwares installed from some freeware, so what is the source of this adware???

Why did it gets installed all of a sudden??

Is there any way to stop this adware auto install.

I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, with Windows Defender running nothing else. So any suggestion of any free antivirus or so??

The below link is just for reference
BrowseBurst - Home Page

HBK007

Journeyman
Altough I don't think the source can be identified but you should probably install Malware Bytes and Spybot and run full scans. Also install a good free antivirus like Avast.
Also remember to run periodic scans by the programs.
PS- If you use Avast or any other Antivirus. Disable Spybot's Real Time Protection as two antiviruses will eat up your system resources.

ankush28

Bazinga
Scan your PC with Malwarebytes. Remove all shortcuts to browsers from desktop and start menu... add'em again.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Despite the fact that you can read up more on BrowseBurst at browseburst.com the main homepage does not offer a direct download function, and based on our security research, BrowseBurst always arrives bundles with various installers and downloaders. It is very common among SuperWeb LLC applications, and other programs such as Cling Clang, Rock Turner Ads or Xaven are also known to be distributed that way. In other words, BrowseBurst does not differ much from its predecessors and we can expect the same behavior from it as well. The particular sample of BrowseBurst that we researched was attached to Soft32 Downloader.

you might have tried any soft32 installer. see if it gets installed in IE and firefox.

OP
amjath

amjath

Human Spambot
Thanks for all the suggestions, used malwarebytes and quarantine all of them. the shocker is oneclickroot is in the list

Top Bottom