Advise required in purchasing speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
I have a small room (about 12feet by 14feet), and i wish to purchase a system dedicated for audio enjoyment!

first of all looking at the size of the room, 5.1 channel speakers are a strict no!

i want really good high end speakers, with just enough juice to fill my small room with sound. going for high end "tower" speakers and all doesnt make any sense as i would almost never check out its true potential.

i checked out the highend systems of JBL and Bose, and will be going out to check Wharfedale this weekend, but after hearing the prices (Rs. 2,50,000), i was stunned!

all i need is good sound! but am a bit skeptical of going for systems designed primarily for computers (read: Harman Kardon soundsticks II, Logitech Z2300, etc).

im planning for a Amplifier + 2 speakers! is something possible in the range of Rs. 15,000/-, total?.

how about 201® Series V Direct /Reflecting® Speaker System from Bose?

i like my sound crisp and clear, with a high amount of detail and clarity and a smooth bass. the more natural sound it produces, the better.

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
*www.sonodyne.com/

One of the best in audio systems/speakers manufacturer. Since you are from ahmedabad, go to the address given below and you could have a demo of their different models.

MOHNOT INFOTECH, Ahmedabad
(Home Audio, Installed Sound, Pro Audio)

A103, ISCON Center,
Shivranjani Cross Roads,
Ahmedabad 380015
Tel: (079) 55251212
Fax: (079) 26407615
E-mail: anand@corpimpact.net

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
thx for the address dude...

i checked it out. its a good deal at 26k for 2 tower speakers + amplifier. but after listening to JBL, sonodyne is nothing.

any ideas....anyone else pls..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
That's fine but sonodyne is better than most cheap brands and it's "made in india".

You can try getting kilpsch speakers *www.klipsch.com/products/speakers.aspx

Contact details of the distributor:

ONKYO SIGHT & SOUND INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
3,SRIRAM NAGAR, SOUTH STREET, ALWARPET
CHENNAI TAMILNADU 600018
INDIA
Phone: 91-44-2466 2190
Fax: 91-44 4200 0094

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom