Advise required for buying a SmartPhone

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Oh yeah then why did u avoid posting this direct comparison when it was readily available ? And instead opted to compare ICS S2 with GB XS

Sony Xperia S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II: S-hootout - GSMArena.com

Now let's see who whoops who

Benchmark Pi
S2 - 454
XS - 536

Linpack
S2 - 86.4
XS - 86.7

Nenamark 2 GS2 is pushing only 41% of pixels XS is pushing, so comparatively XS beats S2
S2- 46.2
XS -37.5

Sunspider
S2 - 3385
XS - 2587

Browsermark
S2 -58502
XS -74990

So tell me, who whooped who's a** ?

Now what, u gonna call GSMArena Sony fansite ?

daksh

Journeyman
I dint post this coz S2 comes with ICS out of the box and its irrelevant to even see GB scores for it :|

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yea but its relevant to compare XS GB scores to S2 ICS scores right ? There is something called "optimization" which matters a lot. The Exynos is a superior chip to Qualcomm s3 no doubt. I am not arguing over the superiority of the Exynos chip over Qualcomm s3.

But the Xperia S is highly optimized and hence even with the s3 chip it beats S2 exynos in a lot of benchmarks, and in others S2 beats Xperia S.

So yes Exynos > Qualcomm S3

But Galaxy S2 > Xperia S is incorrect due to the high optimization on XS. Both are about on par due to this.

daksh

Journeyman
Agreed .
Also agreed S2~XS .
Down to personal preferences like better camera(XS) , expandable storage ( S2) etc of the OP .

Nice discussion , Cheers :D

OP
B

bencilal

Right off the assembly line
I'm from India

My budget is ~ 27K-28K INR (including the accessories like MHL required for S2 for TV o/p)
For Xperia S, mini hdmi comes with the box I guess.

Considering these both will also cost almost same.

The outcome of the terrific discussion is S2 ~ Xperia S.

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts.

Now need to finalize one from these 2.I think they are the closest match for my requirements.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Though keep in mind if you want to use your phone as an MP3 player as well then don't make the mistake of buying S2. It doesn't have good audio quality.

Xperia S is much better as an Mp3 player.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
But remember GSMArena was comparing the I9100 and not the I9100G. G has Texas Instruments OMAP chip with poor GPU and the processor itself is less powerful than S3 and Exynos.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Xperia S looks are killer and it has better built quality no doubt.
But S2's processor is faster than Xperia S.S2 scores 4900 in quadrant and xperia S scores 4500 in quadrant (both ICS).As far as I love super amoled plus display so much I will say Super amoled is better than LCD display.But no doubt Son xperia S display is alot sharperr than the one in S2.Camera quality is bit better in S2 than Xperia S(Having 12mp camera.)

I love S2 but I will still recommend you Xperia S because of it's killer looks. just try it for once you you'll fall in love with its looks.

Top Bottom