Advise on speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolarunkumar21

Right off the assembly line
Hello
I want to buy a good speaker system For Music listining and i sorted Two brands
First is Altec Lancing and second is Creative (And which model)
So guys plz guide me which will be better And secondly What system should i choose A 2.1 Channel speaker System Or A 5.1 Channel Speaker System(As both Format Are Supported By My Pc). My Budget is Rs 5500.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
coolarunkumar21 said:
Hello
I want to buy a good speaker system For Music listining and i sorted Two brands
First is Altec Lancing and second is Creative (And which model)
So guys plz guide me which will be better And secondly What system should i choose A 2.1 Channel speaker System Or A 5.1 Channel Speaker System(As both Format Are Supported By My Pc). My Budget is Rs 5500.

For 5.5k u can get Altec Lansing 251, these are 5.1 speakers and are much better than the creative counterparts. If u are into gaming and watching TV, DVD's etc on your PC then go for 5.1 and if you only listen to mp3 and such and u are a casual gamer then 2.1 is alright. But 5.1 is the way to go since DVDs already have 5.1 sound, all latest games too and mp3 surround and other muti-channel codecs r making their way into the mainstream.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:D ..i went for 6.1 creative inspire for 4600...though no doubt that altec is a lil more superior than creative but iam too happy with my current speakers!!! :wink: :lol:

geek_rohit

In the zone
Well mate, the best sound solution for you would be the Creative Inspire 5.1 It's the best you can get for around 5K. It gives good gaming performance. But don't go below 5 Channel Sound as its the basic nowadays.

beaditya

Journeyman
@GRINNIN DEVIL where did u buy creative 6.1 for 4600??

i found out the price jus today and theyv said 5.1 is for 4700!!!!

and by the way.................altec spkrs have a very cheap look compared to creative...............i did see the 2.1 spks............idnt know about the others

hey grinnin..........................PM me the details where u got the spkrs for, and do u know the price for 5.1 and 7.1???

hey, grinning_devil! is ur configuration correct and if it is tell me the price and did u get it from ur parents or u got it urself? :roll: :cry:

rohanbee

Padawan
I beleive in Altec lansing's over creatives any days. Also preferably you should go in for a 2.1 in that price range, as i belive that the 5.1 do not do justice in that range of price. Another factor you have to see is the kind of surroundings you are going to place them in and what kind do you expect out of your speaker system ?? example to play games watch movies, music..............which is your priority?

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
go for creative 5200D 5.1 speakers pal
u can get them for as low as 4k
they r excellent value for money
i got one for myself recently n is really satisfied with them

suave_guy

pedal to metal
if listening to music is ur priority and u dont feel like watching movies n playing games on ur PC then u shud go for a good quality 2.1 speakers setup....n if thats the case then look no further then Altec Lansing ATP 3, priced arnd. Rs.3,500....complete nirvana....
and if ur looking for the BEST 2.1 speaker setup arnd. 5K then Altec Lansing 2100 shud be ur choice.....not only they look gr8 but they are also one of the best 2.1 speakers in the market....
and and :p if u can strech ur budget to 6K then check out Altec Lansing 621 2.1 speakers....one thing for sure....u need a BIG room to adjust its subwoofer....it has got one of the most powerfull subwoofer ever produced for a 2.1 speakers setup.... :)
and as rohanbee said that its really hard to get a good quality 5.1 setup arnd. 5K, and if u prefer quality over quantity then avoid a 5.1 setup....but still if u desire to own one then go for creative inspire 5.1 coz these are the cheapest u can get....but keep in mind that the subwoofer of inspire series is no match for altec lansings and they also lack tweeters and well.....neodaynium magnets....thats still a dream for creatives..:p

so the choice is urs....

ENjoy :)

samrat_chak1

Broken In
Well a creative 5.1 speakers set is a good buy for under 5k. You can also look for Altec Lansing ones but I have bought the creative ones cause I have heard them rock. Dont know abt Altec Lansing.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Santosh Halemani said:
hey, grinning_devil! is ur configuration correct and if it is tell me the price and did u get it from ur parents or u got it urself? :roll: :cry:

8) ofcourse frm my parents buddy!!.....
nd d price came to around 57K,but thats what i was planning for over 6/7 months...my budget was 50K,but somhow small bits nd bytes added 7k to it!! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom