advise for building a new n latest rig

nrj5

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

tally,ms office,web browing,
photoshop for editing my personal photos.
no more complex things..

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

it wil b gud if i get a machine within 21k but i can go upto 35k if it make a sence to invest

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:

hv heard abt overclocking here only.
may try if its safe bt dnt knw much abt it.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:

win7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:

500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:

i wanna buy atleast 22inch monitor or led tv with it.
(in case of tv i can extend d budget)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

i dnt feel a need of graphics card in my case.
if in less price i get gud performing amd cpu it will b attracting.
i hv heard a lot of appraisal abt amd x2 560 BE from my pc dealer.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:

within a month..
n if waiting is required i can wait till 1 to 2 months..

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:

yes i had got one abt 7 yrs b4
frm a computer shop..
aftr lot of research i bought that and till its running fine,even without ups many times..

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:

i liv in west bengal
n have to buy from d local shop cause of warranty issue.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

yess.
wanna give a big thanks to the geeks sharing there knowledge n exp with us..
luv u digit..

Cilus

laborare est orare
In West bengal, if you buy from Kolkata then you'll get cheaper price than your local dealers. Regarding warranty, you will get warranty to all your components anywhere in India, if you submit them to their respective Service Center. It is not like that only the shop from where you're buying, will provide you warranty. Working on your config, will post shortly.

AMD FX 6100 @ 7.3K
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.5K
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz DDR3 4GB X 1 @ 1.5K
WD Caviar Green SATA III with 64 MB cache @ 3.6K
Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet @ 2K
Corsair CX 430V2 PSU @ 2.6K
Power Color HD 5570 1GB DDR3 @ 3.6K
AOC 22" IPS Panel Display @ 8.5K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @ 0.4K

Total: 33.5K

OP
N

nrj5

Right off the assembly line
In West bengal, if you buy from Kolkata then you'll get cheaper price than your local dealers. Regarding warranty, you will get warranty to all your components anywhere in India, if you submit them to their respective Service Center. It is not like that only the shop from where you're buying, will provide you warranty. Working on your config, will post shortly.

AMD FX 6100 @ 7.3K
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.5K
G-skill RipjawX 1600 MHz DDR3 4GB X 1 @ 1.5K
WD Caviar Green SATA III with 64 MB cache @ 3.6K
Cooler Master Elite 311 Cabinet @ 2K
Corsair CX 430V2 PSU @ 2.6K
Power Color HD 5570 1GB DDR3 @ 3.6K
AOC 22" IPS Panel Display @ 8.5K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard & Mouse Combo @ 0.4K

Total: 33.5K

@cilus thnx for the frst reply..
yes i will get cheaper deals in kol or asansol..
but after buying when my any part of my pc will require warranty coverage i will hv to go to dat dealer or respective service centre
and in my town(purulia)
no such service centres are available.
so in such situation it wil be a prob thing.

my exp:-

i bought 1 gb transcend ram from flipkart at 1243/- while in my town it was not even available..
it got problem within one week of purchase
now the local shops are unable to give warranty.
and the transcend service centre in kolkata is not picking the phone,so that i can corrier the ram to them.
next near service centr is ranchi,but they are telling you will have to come physically to give that faulty ram for service.

so that ram is still unused and i have to buy another one
and will have to send it via a frend to any of the service centre,
which wil take time.

so i m ready to spend some extra but dont wanna buy a new headek..

please review
AMD 3.3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 560 Processor BE
Asus Motherboard M5A78L-M LX V2
Stalite 4gb DDR3 Ram
iball 1161 compact cabinet
i got my old-
80 gb SATA HDD(thinking to buy a new one after some months when the rates will get down,may be near about end of 2013)
SONY DVD Writer

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Processor is a Dual Core Processor and not very suitable for today's heavy workload. Also the choice of the Motherboard is not good, it supports only 95W TDP CPU but most of the powerful AMD CPUs are 125W.
Look, the chances for Processor being kaput is very very low, so try to get the Processor at least from Kolkata or Online shops. Similarly Rams from Corsair or G-Skill are very good and their failure rate is very low.

But please verify once again what are the service centers available near your area.

Top Bottom