advice regarding zenith

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochak

Right off the assembly line
i m planning to buy zenith director plus ultra laptop.It has amazing configuration as 2 ghz c2duo t5800 processor, nvidia 9600mgs graphics card with 512 mb dedicated memory,4 gb ram,15.4 inch wxga display etc. but i m not sure of the quality build and aftersales sevices of this brand.since hp pavilion 1015tx is out of stock it would be a another better choice as gaming notebook.please post ur valuable suggestions regarding this laptop as i hav heard rumours regarding this brand.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
what is the price that you are going to pay for that zenith laptop. I do prefer to stay away from this brand as they are no where near to dell/hp in quality and after sales support.

OP
R

rochak

it costs 41k without operating system and 2 year warranty extension by paying 3500 rs. extra.

R2K

In the Zone
seems like a good deal...............good config for that price...........

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
@rochak
hey...even im plannin to buy this one...looks like an unbelievable laptop at that price...and i asked a zenith showroom in Chandigarh..and the guy there told me that its for 38k(inc. tax)...but w/o vista business...but can u plz confirm that we do have the option of excluding vista from the deal...coz im gonna load windows 7 64 bit onto it...:D...and do confirm the final price at your end too...and lemme know ASAP!! thanx...

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
i agree with desiibond...
stay away from this brand..

u can go for compaq or hp lapps.
awesome technology and SUPERB SUPPORT.. 1hr email reply, live chat 24hrs.. awesome
i recommend.

-SUDE

alec smart

@RAhul and Abhishek... I talked to my retailer here in IIT KGP, and he has told to go with this lappy. I am basically an architecture student, so hv to push a lappy to its limits for intensive graphic softwares like 3d max and maya and some rendering engines... and besides tht, am a 'more than a casual gamer':cool:

As forthe after sales services, the guy has told me not to worry, coz he so insisted me to go for this lappy.The config is ust awesome, and given tht I hv worked already a lot on different laptops like hp, dell, hcl and lenovo, I think this lappy suits both my requirements and my budget. Gonna get one soon.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
it costs 41k without operating system and 2 year warranty extension by paying 3500 rs. extra.
What are you talking about, I saw the paper ads.

There's the director with a 9600M GT and a 2GHz C2D, 4GB RAM and Vista Home Premium OS, 15.4" TFT, 22x DVD Writer, Intel M P45 Chipset motherboard for Rs. 40,100, and dealers were selling it for as low as Rs. 38,000.

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
@comp@ddict
The laptop doesnt have 9600M GT graphics ..its got 9600M GS..wich is slightly less than 9600M GT but still is very good to handle all the latest games and 3d apps..:D
And the ad that u have seen i think mus be the one which came once in Dec. 08..but now these guys have notched it up a bit and have put the latest Penryn 2.26 ghz ,3MB cache,1066Mhz C2D processor! wich is just amazing !!:D Its bound to increase the gaming capability of the laptop...n im buyin this one for sure in the first week of march..actually i had to buy it in feb..but the guy whos gettin it for me has told me to w8 till march wen there is a chance of a decrease in prices...just cant w8 now! and i've also come in contact wid a guy whose already bought this machine! and its runnin sweet!:D All latest games like farcry2 ,gears of war, gtz 4! etc. are runnin absolutely smooth! and at decent settings too! :cool: This is really something one shouldnt miss...

comp@ddict

Yes, i understand the config is too good for the price.

But their online reviews(very few from customers) and reliability for quality is ZeRo.

alec smart

@compaddict ... apart from tht 3 year old mouthshut review of some crappy configured lappy, I cudn't find any other 'zero reliability' online reviews.
I just can't understand one thing. Given the reliability of Intel, NVidia and seagate, what could possibly go wrong... After sales service is not in question for me, coz the dealer has assured me for one year on site warranty.
What's the worst case scenario? breaking of the display frame???

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Totally agreed with alec smart! :cool:@comp@addict
It'll be too harsh to say that reliability is zero!!! All the components are standard ones...zenith hasnt manufactured them...they are just assembling them...Intel, nvidia etc. are brands names i hope u can trust! And if there is a 1 year warranty then I certainly dont have any problem.. just wait for a week...im gonna get it..and then i'll post the review..and the guy who already has this has had no problems till now..

comp@ddict

^^ I know, even I do hope people start buying zenith, so Dell stop selling the same config for 65k you know, but most people are hesitant to try the brand.

prashant141986

hi this is prashant bhatkar 09860467462

i have director plus ultra notebook. It is soooo good to see and craved to excellence.finishing is really good.

i am using this laptop since 25 days.The operating Speed is excellent. it is really fast as bullet train. Compared to others ha ha dell and hp /acer there is not configuration available at this time. they are only limited to T6400 processors only..at most you find p7350 processors.
i have installed windows vista 64 bit in 13min and 44 sec which 32bit vista in my 2.4 ghz machine would take at least 35 minutes to install. that means rapid fast. i am basically software engineer and working on ecllipse and visual studio 2008..and jboss servers .it really suits my need with extreme low price 42,500 all enclusive.

i have installed windows 7 beta x64 also the speed and graphics are good.

configuration you all know
processor rapid fast p8400 processor
,4gb 667mhz ram,
nvdia 9600gtx graphic card 512 gddr3,
webcam,and so on...

i recomend to buy this machine...its really excellent and i heard they r going to bundle the next processor p9400 processor with this laptop from next month its awasome.

and the final doubt ZENITH!! right..Zenith is company from over 30 years in the market. older then what you call dell(hell in price),and others. I remember i used to see the zenith monitors in when i was in 5th standard.
so zenith why not famous?
answer is so simple the company belives in getting the best configuration to its customers in very less amount rather than wasting money in making adds and wasting on filmstars...thats why........

so convinced to buy zenith???
or if you have more money in you and want to throw your money in **** then buy others with very less configuration and giving rs10,000 more for the same..

bye.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom