Advice on choosing processor

Honeydew

Broken In
I am buying a new pc,my budjet is strictly under 50000.i have allready made two configuration but cant decide between them... it is as follows..
intel core i5 4430-12799
gigabyte ga b85m d3h-6237
zotac gtx 650 ti 2gb-12499
gskill ripjawsx(4gb)-2589
antec x1 cabinet-2599
dell s2240 22" monitor-9499
corsair vs 550 psu-2999
the other one is pretty puch same except ...amd fx 6300-7899
asus m5a97 mobo-6610
and zotac gtx 660 2gb ddr5-15349
you can see that if i go with the ibtel cobfig i have to sacrifice on the gfx card.but with the and rig i can get a much powerfull gpu.on the other hand when did a search on net i found out intel processors give better performence than amd.
p.s. i forgot to mention that this pc is for playing new and upcoming major games in high settings....
now please tell me what should i do
i live in kolkata and i will be buying components locally(probably from md computers)...
thanks to you all..

Read all the stickies and answer these questions:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:playing latest ganes like battlefield 4,call of duty ghost,assassins creed black flag,arkham origin etc. in a 1080p resolution in high settings

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:if possible yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 ultimate 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:i allready have a 1tb seagate hdd

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:22" 1080p full hd ips panel

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:keyboard,mouse,sound box,ups,dvd writer

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:in 3 or 4 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:i have built one before

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:live in kolkata,buying locally,not much interested in buying online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:just give suggestions about my configuration

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i5 4570 -14k
asus b85 m g- 6.3k
kingston hyperX blu 4gb- 2.4k
amd r9 270x - 15k
seasonic s12ii 520 -4.2k
nzxt gamma - 2.3k
sell s2240l -8.8k
this is non overclockable rig
amd
-----
fx 8350 - 12.5k
asus m5 a97 evo r 2.0 -8k
rest same
this is an overclockable rig.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
i5 4570 -14k
asus b85 m g- 6.3k
kingston hyperX blu 4gb- 2.4k
amd r9 270x - 15k
seasonic s12ii 520 -4.2k
nzxt gamma - 2.3k
sell s2240l -8.8k
this is non overclockable rig

+1 for this rig. If you need better cabinet then Nzxt Source elite 210 @2.9k

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
thanks for your suggestion...but i can't go over 50k...the two confurations you have suggested both crosses 50k...though i said i can get the budget to 53k but it is really heard for me...so 50k is my max budget..
what about the rig that i posted??

thanks for your suggestion...but i can't go over 50k...the two confurations you have suggested both crosses 50k...though i said i can get the budget to 53k but it is really heard for me...so 50k is my max budget..

replace i5 4570 with i5 4430 available at 12k. Don;t cut on anything else.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am buying a new pc,my budjet is strictly under 50000.i have allready made two configuration but cant decide between them... it is as follows..
intel core i5 4430-12799
gigabyte ga b85m d3h-6237
zotac gtx 650 ti 2gb-12499
gskill ripjawsx(4gb)-2589
antec x1 cabinet-2599
dell s2240 22" monitor-9499
corsair vs 550 psu-2999
the other one is pretty puch same except ...amd fx 6300-7899
asus m5a97 mobo-6610
and zotac gtx 660 2gb ddr5-15349
you can see that if i go with the ibtel cobfig i have to sacrifice on the gfx card.but with the and rig i can get a much powerfull gpu.on the other hand when did a search on net i found out intel processors give better performence than amd.
p.s. i forgot to mention that this pc is for playing new and upcoming major games in high settings....
now please tell me what should i do
i live in kolkata and i will be buying components locally(probably from md computers)...
thanks to you all..

Some of the component prices are a bit over priced. You have to ask for a discount for the overall RIG. These are the local prices generally:
Intel Core i5 4440-13500, (if this CPU is not available then 4430 is ok)
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H -6200,
Zotac GTX650Ti Boost 2GB -12000,
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4GB -2500,
Corsair 200R -3500,
Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8500,
Seasonic S12II 520 -4600. (Corsair VS is low end and they are costly compared to seasonic)
TOTAL -50,800.
PS: Most of the PSU's are made by Seasonic to various vendors like Antec,Coolermaster,Corsair which are generally high-end.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^corsair 200R is not a good cabinet.bitfenix merc alpha costs less & is better.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...762-pc-softwares-like-matlab.html#post2037993

BitFenix Merc Alpha Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
BitFenix Merc Alpha USB 3.0 BFC-MRC-100-KKX1-U3 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^corsair 200R is not a good cabinet.bitfenix merc alpha costs less & is better.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...762-pc-softwares-like-matlab.html#post2037993

BitFenix Merc Alpha Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal
BitFenix Merc Alpha USB 3.0 BFC-MRC-100-KKX1-U3 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Buy @ Best Price in India | Snapdeal

Bitfenix Merc Alpha does not have good cable management features AFAIK.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it has decent cable management features:
AnandTech | BitFenix Merc Alpha: Just How Much Can $39 Buy?

see this too:
AnandTech | Corsair Carbide 200R Case Review: How Low Can You Go
If you're just planning on putting a single drive in and calling it a day, the Corsair Carbide 200R potentially has a lot to offer a frugal user. While Corsair's next case up, the 300R, is notably louder than the 200R, it also offers substantially better performance and doesn't have a glaring weakness (outside of noise) like the 200R's design does.Users in an extreme pinch would probably be well served by the 200R, but I think I'd still recommend tracking down a BitFenix Merc Alpha or Merc Beta instead. Those enclosures are cheaper still, but offer more well rounded performance.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
it has decent cable management features:
AnandTech | BitFenix Merc Alpha: Just How Much Can $39 Buy?

see this too:
AnandTech | Corsair Carbide 200R Case Review: How Low Can You Go

Corsair Carbide 200R Review | techPowerUp
Here you have to take the size also into consideration as a big cabinet cannot be placed on a table to protect it from dust. If you go for HTPC cases then the whole form factor itself changes.So I prefer either Corsair 200R or 300R which are small and also readily available. Corsair 230T is also a small case but yet to be released in India and also costs much because it is a new product.
The deciding factor for me going for Corsair is their CC response is absolutely fantastic. You can never go wrong with Corsair.(They are some what highly priced)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

get antec nsk4400 for 1.3k instead of nzxt gamma. ask local shop for prices and you can avail discounts also.;-)

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bavusani,we are talking about an i5/FX6300+GTX 650Ti setup here not some single drive/ssd drive micro-atx htpc no graphics card(or something like 7750) setup.anandtech review is better & clearly mention that for multiple hdd heat will be an issue because of hdd bay design.also why spend 1000 extra on a cabinet whose only advantage is 1 usb 3.0 port.as for cable management that is not much of a factor here considering the setup not to mention it takes an experienced assembler to fully utilize cable management features & for majority anything even close to decent cable management is good enough.

@rijinpk1,does antec nsk4440 comes with a front & side intake fan because if not then it is not a good choice for i5/FX+660Ti setup?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
@rijinpk1,does antec nsk4440 comes with a front & side intake fan because if not then it is not a good choice for i5/FX+660Ti setup?

Up to 3 Fans
1 rear 120mm TriCool (standard)
1 front 80mm (optional)
1 80mm chassis air guide (optional)

it is $ 80 on newegg(out of stock) but rs 1350 on itdepot.:)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^it is alright for a htpc/micro-atx system with card like 7750 but not for anything more powerful.biggest negative is top-mounted psu.bottom-mounted psu is a sort of standard now-a-days not to mention 80mm fans just don't cut it with indian summer.newegg don't update price even after product is discontinued.in 2006 it was worth $80 but now it is not even worth $40.of course in India where people still buy cheap Rs.600-700 cabinet it is a good option but anything more powerful than a simple htpc & minimum recommended cabinet is NZXT Gamma or Bitfenix Merc Alpha,both costing ~2600.

OP
Honeydew

Honeydew

Broken In
guys thanks for suggestions on the cabinet but my real problem is this.....intel core i5 4430+gtx 650ti or fx 6300+ati raedon r9 270x.....i cant decide between these two combos...so please tell me which one will sustain for at least 3 or 4 years in case of gaming...i cant go with i5 4430+r9 270x combo cause it will shoot up my budget over 50 k..

and for the cabinet...i would like a cabinet which has cool looks and a led fan in the front...can i get a good one in my budget??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for gaming at HD resolution graphics card is more important so get FX6300+R9 270x.as for cool cabinet looks there is Antec X1 with its funky front design with led fan but functionality wise Bitfenix Merc Alpha is much better(link posted above).

Top Bottom