Advice on a phone betwwen 8-12k

leonex

Right off the assembly line
Well I have gone through lot of threads before posting one of mine. I require few clarifications before I make my purchase. Here are my requirements:

1. Budget: 8-12k (I prefer a phone near 10k but I can extend it to a maximum of 12k if the features are worth the 2k price)
2. Display type and size : Just good enough to watch a movie once in a while
3. Preferred input method: Touch-Screen, I also liked xperia mini slider(pretty handy if touchscreen gets annoying)
4. What camera option you want? I will use the camera just to shoot some random pics when I travel out, nothing professional.
5. Preferred operating system? Android (preferably a phone which gets ICS and doesnt lag on it)
6. Preferred connectivity options: It should support GSM 900/1800 and 3G-2100
9. Preferred applications: GPS, light music, Voice Recording, Custom Apps and ROMs( I like to tweek around a little bit)
10. Primary use of handset: Voice Calling. Yep, thats the main priority of my phone and I want my headset to have real good voice clarity and reception. I tried Sony Erricson 750i for a while and got ear-pain when I used it for more than 5 mins. Also, I will be using it for voice recording, so a good microphone is an added benefit.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Well, this is my first android so I have narroweed the choice to HTC Explorer, Sony LWW(I hope it doesnt give me ear pain again), Xeperio Mini Pro. I havent checked out the Samsung's galaxy phones since many few people recommended them. I would also like to know if Huawei phoes are worth buying. The Huawei Ideos X5 has a real good config compared to other phones in the budget.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xperia mini pro...
nice phone without customisations and tweaks and even better cos it has cyanogenmod and ics update...

aroraanant

Explorer
+1 for Live With Walkman.
And opt for a phone with a slider keyboard if you really need it another avoid it.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
If you are okay with just dealer warranty you can get a Neo V in your budget. Much better than LWW and Mini Pro IMO.

OP
L

leonex

Appologies for the late reply guys. I checked out both LWW and Xperia mini pro. I would like to know if the physical keyboard is really worth or should I go for the bigger screen of LWW.
Another point I found out was that I would only get a national warranty on all the mobile phones which is a bit dissapointment since I will be leaving abroad in 3 months. So should I still get a company warranty or should I go get a cheaper phone with dealer warranty. I have never purchased a phone with dealer warranty, so is there any scams or defectice phones I should watch out for?

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't opt for a phone with a physical keyboard unless you need it badly.
And I think you can opt for a phone with dealer warranty, just cross check that dealer from whom you are buying is a genuine/good.

OP
L

leonex

Ok I guess I will go for a dealers warranty. Are there any phones in my budget with a dual-core processor? I have considered Xperia U but the unexpandalble memory is a 'no' for me.
I would also like to know if there are any trusted dealers who give good discounts in Bangalore.

Top Bottom