Advice Needed: 2.1 Speaker Set to be purchased

Status
Not open for further replies.

prajneet

Broken In
hi..
I lost my copy of digit which carried the speaker system review, and digit really is my bible, so can u guys pls help me out here..??
I need to purchase a 2.1 speaker system (2.1 because it is to be used primarily for music) and my budget is around 3-4k, else i would've definitely gone for the Altec Lansing MX-5021. But since I cant,
Any suggestions..??
You might say that i'm an audiophile, with a budget :p so gud sound is what i want, but i have my limits.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Altec Lansing ATP3 is far far far better than creative inspire 2.1

ATP3 has 4 drivers, 2 mid range drivers, and a powerful subwoofer. It's price is 2.8k and is the best in that range.

OP
P

prajneet

Broken In
ok..
thanx a lot for the info..
i'll check out the reviews on the net as well..
secondly..
i have an old sony system, with two speakers (big ones), and two surround sound thingies..
and it gives reasonable sound with my worldspace..
now, should i stick with that, or should i get new ones..???

Edit: I also found these ones...what do u say to them??

Altec Lansing FX 6021
Logitech Z-2300

Last edited:

kirtan

Journeyman
try out F&D.relatively a new brand.has been around for a while.u might haven't heard this name.but believe me the speakers absolutely rock.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
FX-6021 is good. Very good bass. Though, sound crackles at high volumes. Why dont you look for Philips 2.1 PC-400 range?? I have them as one of my Front range speakers. And believe me, they are good. Specially, the tweeters sound too good!! Bass output is tight and doesn't faint at all. Moreover, there pricing is very attractive.

slugger

Banned
i got a budget of upto 2k. Can anybody suggest a decent 2.1 set of speakers witihn this range. I was thinking of the Creative speakers (SBS 370) and the logitech one reviewed in IC CHIP this month (slightly above but will do). Please guide me.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
The following is my opinion based on what I have experienced so far... And it is very generic and some specific models may have different features

In general, Creative speakers are well-balanced for good performance in gaming, music and movies.... Altec Lansing performs great in music and movies but only ok in gaming... Havent tried Logitech systems...

Arun

goobimama

 Macboy
Logitech Z2300 is a 200 watt RMS speaker system, compared to the ATP3's 40 watt? It is also THX certified and has got an 8 inch 120 watt RMS subwoofer. There's also the cost which is about 9.5k against the ATP3's 2.8k....

For budget, go for the Altec's ATP3....they're good.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
DukeNukem said:
Creative Inspire 2.1
I second that, better than Altec Lansing of SAME price. Here in Mangalore it costs Rs. 1250 including VAT. If price is not an issue you can go for Altec Lansing ATP3

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
One more vote for Altec Lansing ATP3, have been using for around 1 year. I would suggest that you listen to the demo of different systems then decide for yourself.

slugger

Banned
I have decided to buy the Creative SBS 2.1 370 speaker set. The dealer has offered to sell it me for 1250. Plz tell me if the price is OK, or if it is possible to get a lower price for the same. If so, then please give me the address and contact no (Pref in Mumbai, Delhi or Pune).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom