Advice for a tablet around 20k...

giprabu

In the zone
Hi ....

Here are my requirements.

# a 10" display size (atleast 8")
# ppi above 160
# would be good if it is android.
# should be powerful enough to handle high graphics games. / smooth web browsing/multimedia.

Ok to go with Ipad mini but No gps, No dongle connectivity, No usb support and Itunes stop me from buying it.

I don't know about the build quality or smoothness about lenovo or hp tablets..

Please suggest....

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Samsung doesn't have a 10" Tablet at that price. Its around 35k. You can get Indian brands which I don't think is a good idea given the performance & after sales service. Asus has a 10" costing Rs. 23k , the Asus TF101 .

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Asus TF101 looks to be good.. will watch few reviews in youtube and decide..

How about Samsung Tab 2 10.1".. ? It is available for 23k

Shop for Samsung Galaxy Tab2 GT-P5100, Wi-Fi + 3G 16 GB, Upgradable (32 GB) Silver 10.1 inch at Reliance Digital

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
^according to gsmarena.com , Samsung P5100 has 149 ppi which is a bit less than your expectations.
its an average to good tablet going by the specs. You can go for it since Samsung is pretty much present all over India. Google's Nexus 7 is a very good tablet for Gaming though its 7".
I would also take a look at Apple iPad 2.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Ipad 2 costs around 24k ... I think its too much for an outdated one. Regarding nexus 7, 7" is way too small.
Yeah I'm not going to buy both Samsung (no autofocus cam, poor gpu for its cost) and Asus TF101 (has its own hiccups)... not satisfied..

Now only Ipad mini is left uh ??? :-(

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Ipad 2 costs around 24k ... I think its too much for an outdated one. Regarding nexus 7, 7" is way too small.
Yeah I'm not going to buy both Samsung (no autofocus cam, poor gpu for its cost) and Asus TF101 (has its own hiccups)... not satisfied..

Now only Ipad mini is left uh ??? :-(

Or you can wait for a few months as the next generation iPads/iPad Mini's are on the table this September-October. It may reduce the price of current ones. iPad Mini is just 7.9" btw.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
okay... whats your opinion on galaxy tab 3 8.0 ??

That's also a good buy but given the choice between this & Nexus 7 , I will go with the Nexus considering you have gaming in mind & 7" & 8" won't make that much of a difference for me.

I will strongly suggest you go to your nearest store & get a look n feel of the different sizes. This will clear many doubts/confusion in your mind.

dude1

Journeyman
Huawei MediaPad 10 Link seems good also gaming performance is decent....OR nexus 7's always the option:lol:

That's also a good buy but given the choice between this & Nexus 7 , I will go with the Nexus considering you have gaming in mind & 7" & 8" won't make that much of a difference for me.

I will strongly suggest you go to your nearest store & get a look n feel of the different sizes. This will clear many doubts/confusion in your mind.

+1 for Nexus 7.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Hi guys...

Thanks for all your suggestions.. I tried few tablets yesterday in Reliance Digital Store.
Both 7" and 8" appeared too small. I feel 10" is optimum. It gave a comfortable user experience both gaming and browsing.
So it now leaves me with only one option Huawei Mediapad 10 Link...
Or is there any upcoming tablets I should wait for ??

dude1

Journeyman
Right now ur best bet is Huawei Mediapad 10 Link...Don't know about any upcoming 10 inchers... Tab 3 10.1 may come over ur budget and also isnt vfm...

Top Bottom