Advice a Phone for 15K

sixgunn

Broken In
Hi guys i need to buy a new phone.I have already used Moto G for almost 1 year.So i don't need a Moto G.I broken it's screen.I have same budget 15K(can not extend).I need a phone with good performance.I need a phone which can last for 1 day after moderate use.I will be using it for browsing internet,playing games.I will not opt for mmx,asus etc. companies as after sales service is my first priority.

1. Budget?

2. Display type and size?

Bar less than 5"inch

3. Dual sim?

it's okay.not preferred

4. Preferred choice of brand?

Samsung,Sony

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

A good camera with taking good pictures in low light conditions.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Ofcourse Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).

3G 4G not preferred

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Internet,watching videos, moderate gaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Not any

10. Any other info that you want to share

I need a phone which can last for 2 years.

If you don't want Moto G, Zenfone 5 or Canvas Nitro......then you don't have any good option at 15k
Extend your budget & get Xperia ZR @ 17k (might be the only good option), otherwise repair your Moto G & use it for another 1 or 2 years

Ronnie012

Earthling
If I were OP, I'd have just closed my eyes and got the brand new Nokia Lumia 730. Best mobile within 15k range. Windows is a much better platform if you are a business user like me. Next best alternative is to get the Xperia Zr at 17k.

OP
S

sixgunn

Broken In
No other android phone except Moto G is worth buying in 15k segment at the moment. forget samdung and sony. :lol:
I have already used Moto G for almost 1 year ,don't need another Moto G.I was looking for Xperia SP and Samsung Galaxy grand prime.

OP
S

sixgunn

Broken In
So you can't get it's screen repaired or replaced? What's the problem exactly?
I have broken it's screen and i went up to motorola service center and they said for 6000 Rs. for the screen replacement.I am thinking that it's better to buy a new mobile rather than a screen replacement.

Last edited:
I have broken it's screen and i went up to motorola service center and they said for 6000 Rs. for the screen replacement.I am thinking that it's better to buy a new mobile rather than a screen replacement.
Moto G is a good enough phone...... Sony gave up support for SP & Grand Prime sucks
So, if you want a new phone, get Xperia ZR or repair your screen @ 6k

OP
S

sixgunn

Broken In
Moto G is a good enough phone...... Sony gave up support for SP & Grand Prime sucks
So, if you want a new phone, get Xperia ZR or repair your screen @ 6k
I will not use MOTO G again.
SP is good.
Did you had saw the specs of Grand Prime is better than Moto G with Snapdragon 410.

I will not use MOTO G again.
SP is good.
Did you had saw the specs of Grand Prime is better than Moto G with Snapdragon 410.

Ya, i've already seen it's specs........ It has 960x540 resolution screen, so still Moto G(2014) is better..... Moreover your old phone also has 720p screen. You will easily notice the reduced pixel density of screen after having used Moto G

ASUS Zenfone 5 is a good alternative with android 4.4 already seeding & android 5.0 coming in around april

Although I think Grand Prime may have better camera than 8MP of Moto G 2014

If you want Samsung, get Grand 2 @ 17k

OP
S

sixgunn

Broken In
Ya, i've already seen it's specs........ It has 960x540 resolution screen, so still Moto G(2014) is better..... Moreover your old phone also has 720p screen. You will easily notice the reduced pixel density of screen after having used Moto G

ASUS Zenfone 5 is a good alternative with android 4.4 already seeding & android 5.0 coming in around april

Although I think Grand Prime may have better camera than 8MP of Moto G 2014

If you want Samsung, get Grand 2 @ 17k
I do think that less no. of pixels = good gaming performance
I am also looking at Xperia SP with a better processor and much better GPU above all of them.
The thing is it will not receive Android Kitkat.But what is the problem?

I do think that less no. of pixels = good gaming performance
I am also looking at Xperia SP with a better processor and much better GPU above all of them.
The thing is it will not receive Android Kitkat.But what is the problem?

Problem is no further updates..... Its at its End Of Line !!!

If you are good enough, learn about rooting n install a custom ROM, if you are interested in SP............. BTW why not Xperia ZR ??? Its available at 17-18k.... It's much better than SP & will even receive android 5.0

mitraark

Decrepit
Asus Zenfone 5 16GB at 11,400.

Xperia SP looks good on paper but Xperia ZR with 2 GB RAM is a better option, you want 2GB RAM trust me.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lumia 730,Moto 2014,Asus Zenfone 5
avoid samesung and sony

- - - Updated - - -

also xperia Z series suffers from overheating,dead camera and self cracking screen issue

OP
S

sixgunn

Broken In
I am okay with not getting L.Sony Xperia ZR is coming at 17K with white colour. LOL
Atleast i was considering a black colour one.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys i don't need windows phone.I hav already mentioned.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ you shouldn't buy a 10k+ phone which will not get any updates. (I meant Xperia SP which is on a buggy 4.3 and Grand Prime probably will be stuck on 4.4 forever).
Samdung phones tend to get sluggish with time due to crapwiz UI. A friend of mine has Moto G (2014) and reports that Lollipop has made the UI even smoother than before.

OP
S

sixgunn

Broken In
^ you shouldn't buy a 10k+ phone which will not get any updates. (I meant Xperia SP which is on a buggy 4.3 and Grand Prime probably will be stuck on 4.4 forever).
Samdung phones tend to get sluggish with time due to crapwiz UI. A friend of mine has Moto G (2014) and reports that Lollipop has made the UI even smoother than before.
Yeah I Know SP is stucked on 4.3
But atleast Flipkart should had ZR Black at 17K.It is available at the 26K. wtf

- - - Updated - - -

Guys going to buy Xperia SP.

- - - Updated - - -

why they are selling Xperia ZR white at 16K

and Xperia ZR Black at 27k

Top Bottom