Advantage/Disadvantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Windows XP Home Edition. When I click My Computer-C-Proprieties and do Disk cleanup. There is a option as “Webclient/Publisher Temporary Files”. May I check the box and do disk cleanup? Any problem arises out of doing it? I want to delete all the files stored on my system after online.Your detailed reply.

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, u can check that box and do the disk cleanup. If u are looking for ways to delete all the files stored on your system after an online session, u can download and run ccleaner.

*Webclient/Publisher Temporary Files is the resultant of Webclient Service. This service enables Windows-based programs to create, access, and modify Internet-based files. If you are not a web site developer, there is very little chance that you will ever use the WebClient service, hence u can safely disable that service.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
U can check all boxes.No problem.

It depend on you..what U want to keep and what U want to delete.

I checked the "Webclient/Publisher Temporary Files” and did disk cleanup but it did not remove everything on it.It shows 32KB all times. How to delete them?

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
U need to disable the webclient service. Then only u will be able to delete those files. Here's how:

* Click the Start button and choose Run
* Type services.msc and press Enter
* Find the WebClient entry and double-click on it
* Change the Startup Type to Disabled
* Click OK and close the Services Control Panel
* Restart your computer

Now, run Disk Cleanup again, and those files will be safely deleted.

Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom