adult pop up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky_l7

free as a bird
hi guys i have a dell lappy with windoe vista home basic , i went for a few days out of station and for that time i gave my lappy to my friend he uses it for surfing adult sites now got my lappy back when ever i connect to net i get irritating adult pop ups , i firefox spybot search n destroy and avast with full updates but they are not able to stop the pop up . plz help me

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Please use the following Add-ons:-
Ad-Block Plus
No-Script

And post ur log for HijackThis.

I guess, not only the browser, but ur system may also be affected by some malwares.

Try a scan with Avira Antivir
and Malwarebyte's Antimalware.

Report back.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
looks like that guy went on to click every single popup that came in those adult sites.

My suggestion is to install Norton Internet security 2010 trial pack. this works for 30 days. install it, clean up all the malware and adware.

Use ccleaner and Ad-Aware to clean up mailicious programs.

Keep the UAC on and carefully observe the warnings that you get from UAC.

use onscreen keyboard to enter passwords for important sites (banks, primary mail etc).

hope this helps

Better not run any sensitive transactions like bank account's till you are sure that your laptop is secure . And better not give your laptop to idiots who use laptop like a ......

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
firefox spybot search n destroy and avast with full updates but they are not able to stop the pop up . plz help me
interesting problem
when the popup appears, in which browser is it in ? firefox or exploder or both ?
do the popup show even when all browsers are closed ?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
use onscreen keyboard to enter passwords for important sites (banks, primary mail etc).
thanks for suggesting this . feel like an idiot for not thinking of this myself

Last edited:

ramprasad

In the zone
post ur HijackThis log..
Also, as the first step, turn off clean the system using CCleaner and then any AV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom