adsl modem for bsnl

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2k_ngage

Right off the assembly line
hi all,
im planning to use my friends bsnl account at nite(2-8, he doesnt use it). so im looking out for an adsl modem other than the ones provided by bsnl.

any suggestions?

sathish

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
u can get a Dlink modem from a market which i m not sure of is selling for 4K and i dont think what u r doing is legal

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
i dont think the trick works. your telephone line should be activated for dataone. and that can be done only when u've subscribed for dataone

mohit

The Hardware Labs
desertwind said:
i dont think the trick works. your telephone line should be activated for dataone. and that can be done only when u've subscribed for dataone

this is true .. it wont work until u have subscribed for dataone.

If you've had DSL on your line before, it'll work. It's called line-conditioning and needs to be done by the telephone company. Get a BSNL DSL connection for a month, disconnect it and then try your friends.

Keith

AlienTech

In the zone
There is more than just line conditioning, They need to activate DSL mode because you will notice that you can not use your regular phone connection without a hum once this is activated. So you install a filter to by pass this hum. When you give up DSL they disconnect this mode. Unlike ISDN where they turn off Digital to Analogue conversion at the sub office. In both cases the phone company needs to activate modes on their end for this to work. But You can for example subscribe for a limited DSL account and use someone else's unlimited account instead without problems unlike ISDN. So in either case it wont work once you cancel your subscription.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@sathish
what i suggest is u go for a 250/- per month plan which will give u 400mb of surfing at day time .. and in the nights (2-8am) use ur frnds account. this is the best option for u . regarding the modem buying frm outside , u will definitely get a btter modem such as dlink but then the cost will be high , the bsnl modem is quite decent for 1200/- bucks.

OP
S

s2k_ngage

Right off the assembly line
actually i had tried accessing a bsnl account from a different phone line and it worked(but both had dsl access). thats why i thought of using it over here in chennai.
so i think all the line conditioning and dsl activation makes sense. ok let me go for airtel unlimited then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom