ADSL in spite of DSL router?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
to access modem page pc/laptop ip must be in the same range i.e.ip 192.168.1.x & gateway 192.168.1.1.you may need to manually set the ip but write down any setting before you change it.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
use imgur,forum attachment function is broke.in adsl modem use mac clone/spoof feature to set modem mac address to desktop mac address 94-DE-80-B0-D6-C0.once it is done connect incoming net cable to one of the lan port & connect pc to another lan port.dial connection from pc as usual & it should work.

*www.tp-link.com/resources/software/20113821345217.pdf
see section 4.3.2 on mac spoofing.also see section 4.3.1 on internet connection type.there select connection as pppoe(leave other values as default),enter username/password,select ip as static & enter details from ipconfig result above(IPv4 Address : 10.1.190.20(Preferred),Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0,Default Gateway : 10.1.190.1).

I have changed everything as you said other than the mac address (mac clone/spoof feature thing). I don't know but I cant understand about this from the modem manual you provided. So can you please enligthene me about this thing specially. Other than this everything is set.

Currently the modem+router is acting like a switch, i.e. Internet on my PC is working fine (Ethernet cable is connected to one lan port, and a line wire connects Modem to my PC), but the router functionality is not working, ie Internet cannot be accessed on mobile devices.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
And if I'll change it will I be able to use MTNL broadband ?.

Yes, indeed.

I have changed everything as you said other than the mac address (mac clone/spoof feature thing). I don't know but I cant understand about this from the modem manual you provided. So can you please enligthene me about this thing specially. Other than this everything is set.

Currently the modem+router is acting like a switch, i.e. Internet on my PC is working fine (Ethernet cable is connected to one lan port, and a line wire connects Modem to my PC), but the router functionality is not working, ie Internet cannot be accessed on mobile devices.

Spoofing is basically a feature to fake your MAC address. This is needed is some cases where you need to connect to a network which only allows specific MAC addresses. Local ISPs use them frequently.

Coming to original issue, i.e. using ADSL router (cum modem) with a DSL connection, is indeed possible but with comes with its own hiccups, primarily being the headache to set it up.

Sometimes, it does get tricky to configure the connection. I had faced a similar scenario when I used Reliance, and then a random web tutorial helped me.

Which exact ISP you are using ?

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
I was using MTNL before and now a local cable provider (basically they are providing Hathway).

Yes, indeed.

I actually tried changing some settings which whitestar suggested, but since wasn't clear about Spoofing, I changed everything back to what it was(According to me) but now MTNL broadband isn't working. :/ So now till I figure out how to do spoofing thing, no one in my home can use Internet on their mobiles.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Alright, even I'm using hathway right now, so may be I can help you out, that's why one should always mention ISP ;)

Firstly, Hathway doesn't need spoofing so forget that.

Second, I'm sharing my settings, which I did by myself, so nothing apart from it is required.

*i.imgur.com/z9Lj9tU.png?1

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can't use MTNL with same settings, you will have to modify the settings required for MTNL.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks I will try it tomorrow, will let you know if it worked.

Also, you can't use MTNL with same settings, you will have to modify the settings required for MTNL.

Yes I know, I actually changed the settings back to what I think was previously. I must have missed something because of which it ain't working.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried but didnt succeed :/
Here are the ss of my router settings, have a look and let me know what to change. (I have used IP address which that guy assigned me so that will differ)

*postimg.org/image/e42e9ogzn/
*s21.postimg.org/nom0wk6br/Capture1.jpg

*postimg.org/image/f38hykh2z
*s1.postimg.org/dbfj3nxq7/Capture2.jpg

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Nothing seems to be wrong as far as I can see. I'll suggest you to reset your router first then set up the settings from scratch.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in 1st screenshot(capture1.jpg),make sure encapsulation--isp--pppoe is selected for mtnl with dynamic ip & in case of cable broadband with dialer software it is selected as pppoe with static ip for your case.for mtnl vpi is 0 & vci is 32.also click on PVC summary tab in capture1.jpg & post the screenshot in case of issue.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
MNTL is back working fine for mobile devices. Will try the hathway in couple of hours for the last time and will update you guys about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not working, tried everything you said. Here are the SS:

*i.imgur.com/pBlOF3F.jpg

*i.imgur.com/GKXJt3l.jpg

PVC summary: *i.imgur.com/Ak40SFd.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
then try encapsulation--static ip option instead of pppoe with static ip for hathway.also i don't see mac cloning/spoofing option in these screenshots.

Top Bottom