Adobe Reader font problem

gaurav.singh

Living With Light
hi
I have some hindi pdf documents. When I open them with adobe reader, instead of reading the way it should it looks like gibberish which we see when we try to type hindi without in krutidev010 without selecting the proper font.

the document properties show the font support of krutiDev010 and this font is installed on my computer. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
From where do you get the documents? The font might not be properly embedded.

OP
gaurav.singh

gaurav.singh

Living With Light
I'd downloaded those documents from a mp gov website a few months ago. Then they looked alright but today after an interval of a month they seemed like crap.
It may be worth mentioning that I reinstalled windows in this interval.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check if the font is installed or not. Redownload the documents if possible and see if render properly.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Try an alternate reder like Foxit
Link:
Foxit Reader - Overview - Foxit Software

Also try redownloading files.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Try Unistall & reinstalling the font
1.Open Fonts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2.Click the font that you want to uninstall. To select more than one font at a time, press and hold down CTRL while you click each font.

3.On the File menu, click Delete.

To Install
1.Open Fonts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2.Click File, and then click Install New Font.

If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT.

3.In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, click the drive where the font that you want to install is located.

4.Under Folders, double-click the folder containing the fonts that you want to add.

5.Under List of fonts, click the font that you want to add, and then click Install.

OP
gaurav.singh

gaurav.singh

Living With Light
sorry for replying so late but my internet connection was bit erratic. By the way I have tried reinstalling the font, redownloading the files as well as alternate reader ie. Foxit. None of these seem to work. The site I opened though looks fine in opera as it has hindi fonts too.

OP
gaurav.singh

gaurav.singh

Living With Light
hey guess what! Today I opened the documents again, and out of the blue, I don't know how, they were alright!

I'd still post the files in mediafire.com and give you the links tommorrow if you are interested.
The from which the forms were downloaded is Ladli Laxmi Yojna (it's an mp gov site)
Thanks

OP
gaurav.singh

gaurav.singh

Living With Light
hi,
I've uploaded the offending documents if anyone is interested though they are responding OK now.

I'd had same problem a year ago but then I'd just discarded the files and used hard copies.
Thanks for the final time

KoolPal

Right off the assembly line
hi,

Any update on this?

I have the same problem and the text I can see is as follows:

vkaxuokM+h {ks=z dh tul[a ;k dk fooj.k ¼loZs jftLVj ds vuqlkj½

Would appreciate some help with this.

I have tried Foxit Reader as well and no luck.