Adhesive/Glue for Headphones.

perplexed

Journeyman
Hi,

I had bought a sunnheiser earphone like an year back.. Maybe due to bad usage, or manufacturing defect, the place where the cord actually enters the set seems to have been damaged..

It has a two layer covering of which the upper layer has almost completely came off.. Could someone suggest some good adhesive for this ?

I have used feviquick and fevibond.. both seems to have failed. Thanks for suggestions.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
The glue failed??

I'm no expert, but I'd recommend feviquick.
I personally add a drop of feviquick to every IEM I buy at the point where the cables enter the earphone casing so that I dont accidentally one day rip them off.

doomgiver

Warframe
try epoxy glue.

i'd advise you to put in a bit of tape on it before.

take the epoxy, and apply in layers. this makes the joint harder and less likely to bend/flex.

OP
perplexed

perplexed

Journeyman
The glue failed??

I'm no expert, but I'd recommend feviquick.
I personally add a drop of feviquick to every IEM I buy at the point where the cables enter the earphone casing so that I dont accidentally one day rip them off.

yes feviquick failed.. it doesn't give that much strength and flexibility at the same time.. maybe thats why..

try epoxy glue.

i'd advise you to put in a bit of tape on it before.

take the epoxy, and apply in layers. this makes the joint harder and less likely to bend/flex.

what's an epoxy glue ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you could have just given it for sennheiser service center .. AFAIK they would replace the set if they found it was a manufacturing defect. but as you have used a glue, they might not replace it. anyway show it to sennheiser service center and keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
try dendrite it comes as pair of tubes for mixing them together..takes time to dry and gain strength but I can assure u its much better than Feviquick or any other glue out there.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Everyone is giving soamu varied suggestions to OP, I think it would be beat if he takes to an authorized service center rather than damaging it even more.

OP
perplexed

perplexed

Journeyman
Everyone is giving soamu varied suggestions to OP, I think it would be beat if he takes to an authorized service center rather than damaging it even more.

no no.. it's out of warranty now.. ofc I would have gone to service center otherwise..

btw, thanks for all the suggestions but seriously I am lost.. The thing is, that point where the cord is entering the set, is supposed to get bent or twisted a bit sometimes... So as per my understanding I suppose a glue which would give some king of flexible yet a tough bind will help ?

Heard about fevitite from many places.. then are a whole lot of other suggestions as well.. so basically atm my position is no different than it was before i posted it :D

Top Bottom