Adf.ly blocked by Department of Telecom!

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Got this on my Adf.ly account's home page:
JUN It has come to our attention that the domain adf.ly has been blocked in India, by the Department of Telecom (DoT). We are working on resolving this.

Although it is working for me, others are unable to open it. Why am I able to open it? "MTNL". They don't know how to.

Adf.ly Blocked By Department of Telecom(CHNN) India
ADF.LY Blocked by Department Of Telecom(CHNN) India | The Hray

I don't get it though. What's the point of doing this?! songs.pk was banned because it supported piracy, same with some file sharing websites but why adfly? :evil:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
May be because generally adf.ly is used by people providing downloads etc and most the downloads are songs and movie links and files.. so Govt. saw adf.ly as source ..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
As long as we keep voting the noob uncles into power, it will only be like this.

How on earth can Kapil Sibal be given charge of IT? That guy has no qualifications for this job.

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
*sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/311597_633977329964510_281778380_n.jpg

May be because generally adf.ly is used by people providing downloads etc and most the downloads are songs and movie links and files.. so Govt. saw adf.ly as source ..

I am yet to find a working adfly link to pirated stuff. There may be working ones too, but adfly keeps on banning and blocking them.

Neither adf.ly nor songs.pk is blocked under Airtel BB.
Check again now...

How on earth can Kapil Sibal be given charge of IT? That guy has no qualifications for this job.

Tell this to our great government. For all I know, wherever Kapil Sibbal has gone, he has only created trouble.

The j.gs domain, however still works. And if "https" is used instead of "http", sites work fine.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
adf.ly is used by blackhat guys to install java drive-by shits and other type of viruses.
for $5 you get 10k visits to your site/trojans. and success rate of getting infected via this is around 90%
so for $5 you will get around 8k infected pc which will be used for dDos attacks or any other activities.
songs.pk had trojan i checked it by my self. could be wrong but i never downloaded or visited songs.pk after that.
doesnt mean iwas downloading before but you get the point lol.

josin

In the zone
As long as we keep voting the noob uncles into power, it will only be like this.

what do you think about others apart from Mr. Kapil sibal? do they have the said "qualification" for their "job". Well i think you don't require an M tech in IT to Head the ministry of IT you are there to administer and manage the entire dept and not write codes. You can always get people with enough knowledge in such area as your assistants. To manage the IT dept or any dept (except finance and Law) the only requirement i can think of is administrative skills, and for that Mr. Kapil Sibal is More than good enough and your notion of qualification for that job, am sorry to say, is wrong.
We as Indians Have a tendency to accuse politicians for every good and bad cause.At Present we have loyalty to the family but are apathetic to the community where we live. We don't really acknowledge the accomplishments of other Indians. We respect intellectual endeavor but not dignity of labor. We want them to respect us than his commitment. Higher Indians rise, less he is getting accountable for his actions.
Why are we like this? Centuries of Foreign invasion and deprivation. It's incompatible for a citizen desiring to be like what we are before the Conquest began. Before the open Christian conversion, Islamic terrorism which is an off shoot of jihad which came out as a challenge against crusade thus foreign. We need to build up concept of national identity from a correct perception of our history and our cultural tradition embodied in Sanatana Dharma, which all Indians utter without knowing what that is!

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Not opening in bsnl..can some forward this info to anonymous india on twitter..

same here.. not opening.

even though im not affected by its blocking, i can understand the consequences of blocking an ad hosting site :p

dumb engineers. dumb ministers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ad.fly or songs.pk don't infect by themselves but rather through 3rd party popups/ads which are very easy to block using a combination of noscript(default whitelist mode) & adblockplus addons in firefox.simply allow only ad.fly in noscript & you are good to go.i have used many such sites & never got infected in all these years.this is also why i never use any other browser for surfing such sites simply because there is no noscript addon for other browsers(imitations don't count as they don't provide full functionality & chrome/noscript official devs have already stated that there will be no noscript addon for chrome because of unwillingness of google to implement full noscript support because it hurts their advertising business).

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
what do you think about others apart from Mr. Kapil sibal? do they have the said "qualification" for their "job". Well i think you don't require an M tech in IT to Head the ministry of IT you are there to administer and manage the entire dept and not write codes. You can always get people with enough knowledge in such area as your assistants. To manage the IT dept or any dept (except finance and Law) the only requirement i can think of is administrative skills, and for that Mr. Kapil Sibal is More than good enough and your notion of qualification for that job, am sorry to say, is wrong.
We as Indians Have a tendency to accuse politicians for every good and bad cause.At Present we have loyalty to the family but are apathetic to the community where we live. We don't really acknowledge the accomplishments of other Indians. We respect intellectual endeavor but not dignity of labor. We want them to respect us than his commitment. Higher Indians rise, less he is getting accountable for his actions.
Why are we like this? Centuries of Foreign invasion and deprivation. It's incompatible for a citizen desiring to be like what we are before the Conquest began. Before the open Christian conversion, Islamic terrorism which is an off shoot of jihad which came out as a challenge against crusade thus foreign. We need to build up concept of national identity from a correct perception of our history and our cultural tradition embodied in Sanatana Dharma, which all Indians utter without knowing what that is!

I do not think you need an MTech to head the IT ministry either. I think a degree in the field of electronics, communication, media, computer science etc. from a quality institution is plenty.

You don't necessarily have to be an engineer. To manage the IT department you need to understand IT (among other requirements) to qualify.

I do accuse that scumbag. Why else is Article 66A in force?
That idiot does not believe in fair debates (neither do most other politicians). He thinks of forcing his views for whatever discussion is there with the opposition.

And if you think I'm saying other politicians are qualified for their posts, then you're gravely mistaken. Just because I singled out Kapil Sibal here (because only that is relevant to this topic), doesn't mean the other politicians are OK.

Like I said before, Sibal doesn't understand IT.

josin

In the zone
I do not think you need an MTech to head the IT ministry either. I think a degree in the field of electronics, communication, media, computer science etc. from a quality institution is plenty.

You don't necessarily have to be an engineer. To manage the IT department you need to understand IT (among other requirements) to qualify.

I do accuse that scumbag. Why else is Article 66A in force?
That idiot does not believe in fair debates (neither do most other politicians). He thinks of forcing his views for whatever discussion is there with the opposit.
First of all its not article but section. Section 66A is there for a purpose. Its to safeguard one's privacy, right to live with dignity and also to prevent mental harassment.I too admit that its a section that can easily be misused by authorities but you can't say that every police officer is going to misuse it.Even if they do so there are courts that you can approach for a just remedy. Lets think about that why the law makers were forced to bring such an amendment, many started to take unlawful advantage of Facebook and like sites, you may not understand the issues it creates with teenagers, young men and woman, if you wish just ask any clinical psychologist/ counselor, they can make you understand what is the importance of section 66A.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
First of all its not article but section. Section 66A is there for a purpose. Its to safeguard one's privacy, right live with dignity and also prevent mental harassment.I too admit that its a section that can easily be misused by authorities but you can't say that every police officer is going to misuse it.Even if they do so there are courts that you can approach for a just remedy. Lets think about that why the law makers were forced to bring such an amendment, many started to take unlawful advantage of Facebook and like sites, you may not understand the issues it creates with teenagers, young men and woman, if you wish just ask any clinical psychologist/ counselor, they can make you understand what is the importance of section 66A.

Erm no. If the intent was indeed what you said it was, why the hell is the section so vaguely worded?

Also, in most free countries, people have the right to express their opinion. Section 66A takes away that right if it is critical of something or someone.

We already have laws against libel, so they can be used. We do not need Section 66A and its draconian implementation for people's dignity to remain intact.

This act basically gives you the right to sue anyone if you don't like what they say. That goes against our Fundamental Rights, as stated in the constitution.

People have the Fundamental Rights of Freedoms of Thought and Expression. What we do not have is the right to libel. What Section 66A does is go against our fundamental rights by classifying our thoughts and expressions as libel. It does not define what constitutes as grossly menacing communication.

Top Bottom