Acronis Disk Director Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
I installed this Acronis Disk Director 10 Demo Version fron a DVD.

I tried to RESIZE the C: Drive in my HDD, whose Total size is 32.1GB, with 21.6 GB of Free Space.

Now i want the drive so that the C: drive's size will be 12.04GB & the new drive's (unallocated space) size be 20.6GB.

the Acronis Disk Director is able to (show) RESIZE the C: Drive to my specs., but it doesnt really do the Process.
When i right click on "Unallocated Space" & select "Create Partition", it shows me a error==> "Acronis Disk Director Suite Failed to Create the Partition".
*img348.imageshack.us/img348/2928/untitledws2.th.jpg *img348.imageshack.us/img348/2917/untitled1bm8.th.jpg
Now is it because the demo version cant create that or something else.

Can you guys recommend any other free "Partition Creating s/w".

i'm desparate to create the new partition, as all the other partitions are almost FULL.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^ any other alternative, a bit easy to use for the begginers (like me).

i found the Acronis easy but i dont wnat to spend Rs.2300 for one/RARE time usage.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Yup, It just Hangs. It gives me an error, dont know what error(error msg screen goes off really FAST).

I'm not able to use the mouse in Welcome Window (b'coz of this i'm not able to enter the setup).

& i also tried burning that Image to another disk, but same result. (i downloaded two times & tested)

I used Sonic Record Now to burn the IMAGE onto a CD.

eddie

El mooooo
s18000rpm said:
Now is it because the demo version cant create that or something else.
That is exactly the reason. Demo version cannot create anything. Demo means demo :)

Anyways, you can look at gparted live CD or SwissKnife. Both are good but nothing beats Acronis in terms of user friendliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom