!!! -- Acessing USB HDD formatted with NTFS in Win 98 !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hi guys,

I am in a big problem.. :x I am using Win 98. I borrowed my friends 80 GB USB HDD. But i just came to know that its formatted with NTFS.

So is there any software for Windows with the help of which i can access that USB HDD :? Its damn urgent...Pls let me know if theres any way out..

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
What a Coicidence...Even as u said...I downloaded the same software :lol: Reading instructions.....

Thanx...

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
:p :p :p

Got another wonderful one....

Downloaded Diskinternals NTFS Reader
*diskinternals.com/products/ntfs-reader/

Its very good...i mean its easy to use with. I didnt use Active@ NTFS Reader for DOS 1.0.2 as it needed a floppy and i didnt had one...

Anyways few doubts i even saw some extra folders and files in that drive...lemme know what are thier uses...or how come they are there..?? Am posting a screenshot

*img70.imageshack.us/img70/7105/untitled4qw.th.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh.... :twisted: I was excited to missed the main part...WE cannot directly use the file...we have to extract or recover it from the Disk...Thats wierd....lemme check now... Active@ NTFS Reader for DOS 1.0.2...to recover every damn file is boring...

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
:( :( Nah man... even Active@ NTFS Reader for DOS 1.0.2 doesnt allow directly accesing the file...Its purpose is to copy the file from NTFS volume to FAT volume and that too frm DOS..

But i am having USB 1.1 so it will take me ages to do that...stuck man...only hope is one new soft...

*www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NtfsWindows98.html

and that too readonly...damn lets see if its works..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It needs these files...

NTFS.SYS: this file is located at \system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
NTOSKRNL.EXE: this file is located at \system32\ntoskrnl.exe
AUTOCHK.EXE: this file is located at \system32\autochk.exe
NTDLL.DLL: this file is located at \system32\ntdll.dll
C_437.NLS: this file is located at \system32\c_437.nls
C_1252.NLS: this file is located at \system32\c_1252.nls
L_INTL.NLS: this file is located at \system32\l_intl.nls

Where the hell from i bring em when i dont have Win XP on my PC...these arent even there in XP CD.....

ANy other solutions...

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Format kiya win xp :p win 2000 try kar na hai kya tere paas. But screenshot looks like win xp ??

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
na re...wo XP ka nahin...Diskeeper ke Interface hain... :x ...Kuch kaam nahi ho raha tha...

Evn tried installin ME...it didnt allowed so at last installed XP...kya kare yaar...koi option hee nahi tha.... 8)

For a record i tried copyin a movie from that with Diskeeper Reader...and one 670 MB file took only (sarcastic) 85 mins... so thought this was much better option..!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom