Acer Travelmate 4720 BIOS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k

Broken In
Hi All,

Once I boot into my laptop's BIOS it prompts for supervisor password , unfortunately for me I no longer remember the password. When I took my laptop to service center guys they told me they can't flash the BIOS and the entire motherboard needs to be replaced. I believe even If I get it replaced it may give me problems in the long run. I wasn't expecting such a reply from Acer service center guys (They don't do chip level repair).

Please let me know If i should get a new laptop or get my existing laptop motherboard replaced ?.

PS: My existing Laptop is 3 years old.

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
there is a possibility of removing the password of BIOS as far as i know...if the service center guys are replacing mobo for free of cost then do it.

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
My laptop is no longer under warranty , the service center guys are not willing to replace the motherboard for free. When I checked the acer travelmate manual there is a provision to short the jumper setting to reset the BIOS. Apparently the service center guys are aware of this.

OP
A

a_k

Broken In
If its not in warranty, why not to go ahead and take the risk ? Either way, you've to spend the money.
They don't have Motherboard stock with them right now & have to order the same from ACER. Also they are not able to give me an approximate estimate of the cost of the new mother board & time needed to complete the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom