acer laptop and big trouble , urgent help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
please see the update first for those who have already read this post at bottom of this post ,

Guys , i bought acer 5740g with 1 gb hd 5650 card on 23rd feb , but the new lappy had gpu fault (see this thread Acer 5740G issues , must see !!) .

i gave it back to the acer mall dealer , he told he will take and check it on service center .

he gave me a replaced laptop saying that service center guys have replaced it , on 2nd feb .
but i found the replaced laptop as a used laptop and found its lcd screen degraded . i therefore thought to make complain to acer this time .
when i talked to acer support they told me that this current lappy is already under complaint on 13th feb of not booting problem .
and when i asked about the original laptop that i bought on 23rd feb (serial number enquiry) they told that no complaint has been registered !!

i asked the dealer and he told me that this replaced laptop is of his boss .

what should i do now guys ?

should i take this lappy and replace its lcd or should i lodge a complaint of my original lappy in acer and get it repaired . why should i pay 45000 for a used and repaired laptop ??

he has replaced my bill with this repalced one but i have the old bill (in torn condition as torn by the acer mall guy )

this replaced lappy is manufactured dated 5th jan and my new lappy (23rd feb) was manufactured dated 7th feb .

now the problem is , the replaced lappy is a used and repaired one (of his boss i dont care who used it but its a used one and repaired one too)
he told service center guys replaced my lappy in place of my new faulty lappy , but according to service center no complain has been lodged of my original lappy !! so how could service center guys replace it ?

the dealer is
COMPUTER GADGETS
MAIPAL CENTRE , DICKENSON ROAD , M.G ROAD
BANGALORE
also known as acer mall .

UPDATE
I went to the acer mall guy , i told him that you gave me a used laptop (as its complaint has already been logged into acer) , he told that no , its a box piece and was having operating system problems , service center guys gave it to us to give you .
i went to the service center , i told them you cant give me a used or repaired laptop or a laptop which is already under complaint under someones name , he was having only one reply "sir , this is not a used laptop and what problem this laptop is giving to you" .
i told my problem is that this laptop is already under complaint how can you give me , he replied with the same answer .

Now , my original 23rd feb dated buyed laptop was also there at the service center alongwith the replaced one .
service center guy told me that your original laptop has been registered under complaint on 9th feb on the name of the dealer under "dead on arrival case"
i told the service center guy that "if i get a dead on arrival laptop and i come to you and give you , you will have to replace it " he tells me that "sir , if a customer reports about this problem , we never replace the laptop , but if a dealer reports , we replace for them .
even i asked " my laptop is under warranty , if service center is unable to solve the problem , the service center has to replace with a new one from the company " he tells "we never replace for customer but only for dealers under "dead on arrival" case "yes but wen will replace the motherboard ".

before going to the service center , the dealer told me that the case of your original laptop has been registered yesterday and a new laptop will arrive within 15-20 days or one month from the company . he told you can wait and take the new laptop , but it will arrive on the name of the dealer .
i told that ok its not a problem if it arrives on your name but i want it sealed one , he told no it will be unsealed as its our product , i mean how can i trust them , they can give me another used laptop as all faulty aptops are registered in that service center on the same dealer name , mine new lappy as well as the replaced one was registered on the name of the dealer .i asked them at least you can give me a complaint receipt of my original buyed laptop . but they were deviating me from the topic and telling that this is not a used laptop its a box piece . i told them how can i believe you guys if complaint has already been registered abt this laptop in acer , the dealer said "its our box piece laptop its not used" . the same reply .

finally at service center when i was talking to my dad and telling him that the service center will give me a new laptop from company but unsealed , the service center guy replied "sir i will not give you unsealed laptop , its my guarantee , when the laptop will come i will call you , you come here and we will give you the sealed one and you will open it here." so i asked him for the recepit under my name , he told "sir the complaint is under dealers name so i cant change that , moreover on a customers name we dont replace laptops , but i will give you the recepit under his name " .

then i asked him to show me the complaint , i found the complaint under dealers name , he told me to sign there , i signed there , gave my email and phone number on the receipt , he gave me the back carbon copy of the receipt and told me to wait 15-20 days and he will call me and give me the new sealed lappy and will open the seal in front of me . i agreed . i asked him whether the head office has approved for replacement , he told me that the head office has approved for replacement but the shipment has not been fixed because its stocks are not available currently , it will come from pondicherry .
before this acer mall i had talked to another acer mall , they also told me about stock shortage and that it will come from pondicherry .
so i believed it . came back home now and typed this first . i will wait a max 1 month for the laptop to arrive . if it doesn't arrives by that time i will write a letter to the highest authority of acer or even visit them and tell this story . since i am a kiddo i donno what to write , you guys help me out .

tomorrow is my exams and i am running around bangalore wasting my time , i have suffered from a lot of mental harrassment .

so finally i am gonna wait 1 month for the new sealed lappy to arrive at the service center .
than i will tell what will happen .
is it possible that service center guy can put a fake seal on a box ? do they have seals ? (i know they have laptop back seals but do they have delivery and box seals ?)

it makes sense now that the dealer and that particular service center guy are mixed one .

one more thing :- i told the dealer that if a newly arrived laptop has a dead on arrival case he has to provide me onspot replacement from his stock , he totally refuses it !! wtf ??

in my opinion :-
Acer is a big **** , i mean they provide faulty laptops as new ones ! , replaced ones as faulty ones ! and tell that the replaced one is not a used one even it is already registered under a complaint !

whereas national call support tells "we never provide a used or under complaint laptop as a replacement to user , we only repair the faulty laptop"

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
OH my god...u r indeed in a big trouble....do u know some police guy, news reporter or lawyer...just go and threaten them...then think of next step

red dragon

Master troll
Damn man!acer is pathetic,this is probably the 7th time I have heard similar story about acer.BTW stay away from acer phones too,they are at par with unbranded chinese mobiles.

OH my god...u r indeed in a big trouble....do u know some police guy, news reporter or lawyer...just go and threaten them...then think of next step

Post your complaint with your complaint details on various complaint sites like consumercomplaints.in search google for more...

Find email addresses of all nodal or vp etc...mail them everyday with the details and you are posting the complaint in various blogs etc..keep threatening for legal action and harassment, and tell stupid acer that you can not wait for 1 month to get ur lappy replaced. Get into it...coz these people don't understand the time and importance of a customer...I had a experience of this and I teach them a good lesson :razz:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
May the fellow forumites make a post on their blogs. I think just copy paste will do. Do reply back to confirm.

socrates

In the zone
:shock: OMG Your situation is even worse than me. At least in my case the service center was good. Check out my story in *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1227459#post1227459. That is actually a abridged version of a letter I drafted to send to the MD of Acer India Pvt India as well to the group CEO in taiwan. When i told them what I was going to do then, they promptly got me the disc's they had promised. But the IMP thing is whatever they have done is not a solution in my case but a 'work aroound' which I have accepted, as I dreaded that something like what happened to you could happen to me. Since I am from this line I know the tricks of the trade these creeps use.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Rush in to that showroom when customers are check for new buys. Yell at the reps there and warn the customers not to buy anything there and tell the reason briefly, that should get them started (could also backfire) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom