acer is killing me...please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmoy

Broken In
I am in urgent need of parts for my Acer aspire 4520 laptop. I went to this customer service centre where they first called me in by saying my power board PCB is spoilt. Now they are saying that the motherboard does is not responding properly to any other power PCB and needs to be changed!!! What the heck. This is more like a laymans solution! I was initially said the power board costs Rs.3000!!! Ok. Accepted, lets say its some proprietary part only acer manufactures.. Now, they are saying changing the power board and the motherboard along with that will cost Rs. 9000!!!
Just a few months back, my hard dsik crashed,(the one they give with the laptop). So i bought a new one for Rs.3000. Before that, there were problems regarding the wifi ahrdware and the monitor. This is too much to take. Also, i handle my laptop with the utmost care and turn it on for only around 10 hours each day..
Please help.

Also, is there anyplace i can report regarding customer grievances. This laptop has costed me over 10000 in repairs, now in less than two years.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
If the laptop is still under warranty and you have the relevant stuff like a proper bill- Drag them to the consumer's court. Unlike conventional courts, consumer courts are much strict and tough to go against them. Dont tell them that you will sue them because you have given them too much chance- give them a tough bullet to bite on!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
My My... I recommended that laptop to a friend almost a year ago. Thank god , he hasnt faced problems..

I think your warranty is over? Otherwise you shouldnt face such problems..

OP
C

chinmoy

Broken In
ya,my warranty is over. It was over last October. Now they are also saying that i cannot extend my warranty. Also, the laptop has a nforce 610M motherboard, which should cost a max of Rs.6000. They are saying, it costs Rs. 12000 and acer will give it to me for Rs.9000 if i give them my old motherboard.
why dint you do the earlier repairs under warranty?
No, i did all the earlier repairs under warranty, but not the hard-disk crash and the motherboard problem is occuring after the warranty. Where should i file a case against acer(where in india is such an office?) and can you give me an idea of expenses involved? Please help.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Depends where you live dude. Contact your lawyer in regards to consumer complaints he should help you out. But make sure you have all the receipts to backup your complaints as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom